Pages

Monday, August 3, 2026

Ben's Blood Drinkers - OWAC IX - Wrap-up post

Phew and done!  I've tried to put all the minis I've painted this OWAC into a battle scene somewhat like the 40K 2nd Ed cover that has been an inspiration:


Needing a bit of a break from painting red armour, for a change this month I painted a handful of Orks and Gretchin to be the antagonists in the battle pic:



Plus I 3d-printed some more Dr. Spork Cathedral ruins - after some digital flipping and chopping - to provide a backdrop.


Overall this season I've painted 3,171 points of Space Marines:

Intro
Rank and File Month 1: 431 pts
Rank and File Month 2: 751 pts
Rank and File Month 3: 849 pts
Rank and File Month 4: 487 pts
HQ Month: 176 pts
Wildcard Month: 477 pts

It doesn't half add up when you keep chipping away!

And, of course, I still have more to paint - vehicles, bikes, Scouts, Assault Marines, Tactical Marines, Chaplains - probably enough (assuming I switch to an Epic project next time) for OWAC XI...

2 comments:

  1. Love that battle shot! Just gorgeous. And thanks for introducing me to Dr Spoke, I'm going to print some of their buildings.

    Your project has inspired me to collect a 2nd edition Space Marine myself, I've already acquired quite a lot of models. Thanks! And congratulations for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic army shot, and such great set scenes each month throughout. Straight out the pages of WD! Congratulations on a great OWAC!

    ReplyDelete