And here we are again! We've finally reached the end of another season of OWAC. It was an okay season, but I was hoping to get much more done. It was hard to find enough time to paint this spring and I also discovered that painting the same army for two seasons isn't my thing. Anyway, I'm in good spirits at the moment and really looking forward to starting a new project. There's still plenty of goblinoids left to paint, but for the time being I'll be taking my orky work underground and turning my attention to something different.
As usual, I continued painting more models during July, and a hero riding a wyvern and a snotling joined the army. The snotling was glued to the double-decker Pump Wagon from last season (that's why it's in the army picture) to complete an artwork-inspired miniature. There were a few easter eggs hidden in the project, (some of which?) which I'll reveal now. I had planned to include a couple more this season, but I ran out of time.
Rugluk and his bodyguard, Drodab Ironbrow, are both tributes to their respective combat cards. The colours have been adapted to my less saturated palette, and the shield designs aren't identical to the originals as I didn't want to remove the shield bosses.
The wyvern is an upcoming model from Heavy Metal Hordes. It's an impressive sculpt and was an absolute joy to paint.
I also made some terrain, which you can see in the pictures above: a few small fields and a signpost for The Owl. I also started making some swamps, but the water effect resin I used had gone bad, so I'll have to start over.
Here are the points for the project:
And that's it, I guess. My attention is already starting to shift to Season 10, and I'm already planning my next project. Next season will be a special edition, giving us more options than usual, so I'm trying to decide between going 6mm by finally opening my box of Space Marine or starting a Rogue Trader Genestealer Cult project. We'll see what happens!
Thank you, everyone! It has been a pleasure watching your projects grow. Happy painting, and see you again in Season 10! And apologies for the missing Ansell pose. I took the pictures on the literal last minute and I did't have my usual minions to take a picture with me in it.
Oh, and by the way, that's me in the picture, chilling on my throne and commanding my cult.








No comments:
Post a Comment