Friday, August 7, 2026

JohnR's OWAC IX - Wrap Up Post. Final Tally = 1602.5 Points

Honestly I didn't think I'd finish this OWAC and I certainly came the closest I've come to crashing out. I'm involved in some changes at work at the mo and only the fact that I was painting a small skirmish force saved me from an ignominious trip to the Field of Bones!

Anyway - that aside I did manage to finish the challenge and even added a few minis in the Wrap Up month :)

 Left to right these are: Tammy the Torso, Dan Solo, Grok the heavy and Renko the sniper. All are incredibly characterful Diehard minis. They'll be added to my leaders entourage.

Points wise they have frag and crack grenades plus the following:

Tammy - Human Champion, Plasma Pistol, Chainsword and Refractor Field = 17.5points

Dan - Human Major Hero, Mesh Armour, Bolt Pistol = 89.5points

Grok - Human Minor Hero, Carapace Armour, Shotgun = 41.5points

Renko - Human Champion, Flak armour, Autogun, Targeter = 17points

 Total = 165.5points

The Army.

 

 
 
Pirate Captain 'Silver' Ansell and his expanded retinue.

 

 
 
Citadel Space Pirates

 
 
Grenadier Civilians

 
 
BMT Mutants

 

 
 
Elite Space Pirates

 

 

BMT Space Pirates
 
Those last few photos seemed to come out very dark, dunno why? Photographing the minis is 100% my least favourite part of the challenge lol.
 
Points for the army:
January - Crabbe's Space Pirates = 177.5 points
February - Butterbean's Mutants = 195 points
March - Rogue Trader Space Pirates = 97 points 
April - Copplestone Civilians = 71 points
May - Elite Space Pirates = 633 points
June and July - Captain 'Silver' Ansell and Retinue = 429 points
 
Total for the Challenge = 1602.5 points. Not bad for a load of Space Scum :D
 
That's it for this year. Kudos to all who finished and looking forward to the next challenge - apparently we're allowed to stray from the strict remit of early WFB and 40K so I'm hoping to do an Eldar army for Epic Armageddon.

 

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic group of characters that totally capture the Rogue Trader spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog