Thursday, November 30, 2017

Rochie's: We're going to need a bigger cat...November 237 Pts

Hello!
I've managed to screech in with my first months installment, that being Warlord Ratbastard, a good chunk of clanrats, and a last minute rat pack with an old champion model as a packmaster:





Warlord Ratbastard: halberd, heavy armour -95 points

Clan Ratbastard: 15 clanrats, full command, spears
-117 points

Packmaster Ytch: hand weapon, light armour
-10 points

6 giant rats
-15

Total: 237 points

I'm still developing the background for the army, but they're looking like a small warlord clan with various contracts with each of the major skaven clans (in other words I want a bit of everything cos it looks good).


With regards to the painting, I kept it simple and let the scheme develop on its own, and while it's inspired by both Andy Chambers seminal skaven army and Nicos works of art, I've noticed that it looks quite similar to Gareth Harveys army that I used to pore over for hours in white Dwarf back when the plastic skaven regiment was first released, so that was either a happy coincidence or subliminal copying but either way I'm pleased with the results.


Anyway, enough bollocks from me, well done to everyone meeting their targets for the month and here's to the Christmas Special!

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic output Rochie. I think every army should try to explore the possibilities of the faction as much as possible. Love the banner. You said "seminal", heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff Rochie! I think you nailed the dirty look of Skavens, and that banner is great old school stuff!

    You also get bonus points from this Challenge Admin for your complete point value entry, with bonuses and everything, that's how it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skaven rock. Can’t wait to see what you get done in December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris! there won't be as many next month, but I've planned it exactly that way cos I like a bit of painting freedom around Christmas. The next installment will be finishing the clanrats up to 22, adding another character and then the weapons team and globadiers to finish

      Delete
  4. They look awesome all together like that, like a proper rat tide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive looking, those little mice! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work. They look disgusting! That banner is over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracking start there mate! You really nailed that banner.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog