Friday, December 1, 2017

Blue's First 200pts...errr...195 actually..

Whew...

Here I am...Some how I made it this far.  Things are not polished to my normal standard on a few things...particularly with bases and the lack of shields.  Honestly I haven't decided what to do for shields for this force yet...and that decision has me putting off that task till a later date at the moment.

...I will also not mount the riders until they are all painted...that will make for an additional cool unveiling later...

...but I'm calling these done.

I'd love to wax nostalgic about how great these are...etc...etc...but It'll be midnight before I know it so I better just get this done so I can go to bed!

Point Tally:
  • 1 Wood Rider with Long Bow                             26pts
  • 1 5th level Wood Rider Hero with Long Bow   57pts
  • 4 Light Infantry Kinbad (including leader)     44pts
  • 2 Lord's Bowmen (including musician)           45pts
  • 1 Wardancer                                                           23 pts
    •                                                        TOTAL: 195pts
Here Is the Group Shot






WoodRiders



Light Infantry



Bowmen


Wardancer



Wardancer #1 with Glam (not included in point total...he's just a badass and likes to have his picture taken...)


While this was a run to the finish...I also realize that I basically didn't paint anything related to this challenge for the first two weeks of the month...so I'm hopefully that I will be able to maintain the pace moving forward.

I also think I appreciate my decision to mix the monthly groups from among the various units I'll be completing...Almost all share the same colors so there was not major waste of efficiency with the painting and it kept me interested.

Here is a quick peek at next months allotment waiting their turn!



Cheers,

Blue

17 comments:

  1. Excellent. My favorite is the ivory horn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying that...I've been considering adding some washes to make it look more like a natural horn (dark at one end) but the Ivory look is growing on me...it a great contrast to the muted tones of the rest of the figures.

      Delete
  2. Kick ass elves Blue! But ya need some Zoats in there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...too pricey for this challenge! Plus...I already have one painted...with back story and all!

      http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/2013/02/loorasshfreind-of-treesgolden-gobo-ii.html

      Delete
  3. I've been dying to see this Bluey! You haven't disappointed either mate. Good going considering they are deceptively time consuming to paint. Can't wait for next month's ensemble

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top notch work Bloo. That wardancer is my favorite so far. I’m really looking forward to watching this army develop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just WOW! Absolutely glorious work Blue. I love the way you've treated the woodwork especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Mills....they are wood elves after all so it HAD to look good...lol

      Delete
  6. ok, ok. could I change my army for the challenge!? ahah, I am just joking but I don't think I can get any closer to such excellent paint with my Wood Elves! Great job, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I love your work. Wish I can paint as you do. Really like the scheme selected and the way you have painted them. Mariano

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just fabulous! I love the colours - They will be spectacular when you've finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look awesome to me Blue. I think Glam and Bronan should hang out, they both like photo bombing. I wish I had all my entries assembled and primed. I don't. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, some serious painting skills going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fan-bloody-tastic! Really evocative paint scheme. Like Wood Elves on a stormy day.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog