Friday, December 1, 2017

Sean S - 20 Bretonnian Brigands - 198 points

Hi All,

Well this is my first entry.


They are done except for varnish and then the flock and static grass on the base.



I had very grand ideas to start out with, but they went out the window as the month progressed. I had always envisioned them in a black and white livery of sorts and I let expediency be my guide.

They will come from an as yet undetermined area of Monfel, one of the Bretonnian kingdoms in my old Mighty Empires world. Severin Besnard (I used a name generator) was once a man at arms for a local lord. When his lord carelessly threw his men into battle, Severin decided it was time to strike out on his own as a highway man and sword for hire. Along the way he has recruited many like minded former soldiers.

These Conquest Normans make up a unit of 20 Brigands with Spear, Light Armor and Shield. They also include a standard bearer and musician for 198 points total.

On to the next month.

Thanks for looking.

11 comments:

  1. I'm pleasantly surprised to see this up here this morning. Thanks admins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, you made it!

    Simple colour scheme but kinda gives it a very muted medieval look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only just Iannick. I knew I wanted to do them in black and white, the question was how complex to make the pattern, and how varied. In the end time made the decision for me.

      Delete
  3. Nice work. I have a box of those somewhere...I should paint them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xin, I won them in a blog contest years ago. It took this challenge to finally get me to do them.

      Delete
  4. tut tut...perhaps a wash mate?!? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blue, yeah that still pisses me off a little. I definitely washed the fuck out of these.

      Delete
  5. Looking good mate. Well done making the deadline :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy, I just decided I was not going to give up.

      Delete

Search This Blog