Sunday, December 16, 2018

Brennan's Slann Renegades

Well here we go, round two.... FIGHT!

For the second Old World Army Challenge I've decided to go with the Slann.  It's a collection that I picked up this year.  I've always wanted a Slann army and I have kept my eyes open, but it certainly took a while for an opportunity to come up!

My rough plan is, that this a group of Slann who are going to take the fight to the dry legs!  No more sitting around waiting for the emperor to act!  So this will be the following a Slann warlord, who does have a member of the wizard/priestly caste supporting his cause.  It also works well with James' undead thingies.  We're hoping to run a couple of games based around a necromancer who has gotten out of hand in Lustria, and the Toad-Emperor isn't that bothered about him, but my fellas are.  Should be a fun game or campaign. 

So the planned army is (using the 3rd ed list in Warhammer Armies):

LV 15 hero with 2 Handed Weapon and Heavy Armor - 117
LV 15 Wizard on a Litter - 199
15 Eagle Warrior with 2 handed weapons and a standard - 240
15 Alligator Warriors w 2 handed weapons and a standard - 208
16 Span Band with shield and standard - 170
10 Venom Tribe - 120
5 scouts with poison and shields - 70

For a total of 1124


Here are the lads in a box - sadly, many figures never escape the box


 Sample of an eagle warrior, a scout, venom and a band member


 Band member, alligator warrior, and two more band members


Here the leader himself, Croak Lord Mitzocowatel

9 comments:

  1. That's a lot of Slann. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can’t wait to see this army develop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I've never had an interest in a Slann atar, but I love seeing other people paint & play them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I'm looking forward to this! A Slann army in the OWAC for the second year, we are spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear that, if I make it to next year, that I won't be able to carry the Slann banner forward. I do think we are spoiled with a lot of great armies.

      Delete
  5. Great! Slann have always eluded me. One day. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cool warband! Looking to see them painted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strange people, for strange times... What is the omen???
    Good luck mate!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog