Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Jeff McC's Dark Elves - May (275 Points)

May down, 1 month to go...

10 Witch Elves with Extra Hand Weapons and Poison (140 pts)

Leading off this month is a unit of witch elves. I've gone with the traditional red, black and brass for Khaine / Khorne affiliation. I did make a point of using a brighter red on the shoulder boards and a bit more brass than I did for the crossbow armed witch elves I painted for the last OWAC, hopefully this will help differentiate the units on the battlefield. 

The two leaders  for comparison, this year's is on the right.

I had 3 different models to use to make up the unit, so I varied colors a bit on each model to try to add some more variety to the unit.







 I also painted the Champion for my unit of Ogres. I'm rather pleased with the way he turned out...leaned heavily on the red so that he ties in with the the Khornate faction of the army, but I think I've kept him from being so overtly chaotic that he would be out of place with my Empire forces.

 Ogre Champion (110) Points

I also managed to finish up my Overlord Offering - a Dark Elf Champion, from the Slaneeshi side of the army.

 Overlord Offering (25 pts)

So that's it for May.  June promises to be hectic, so I'll be trying to get ahead of the power curve early in the month.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Sweet. Ogre looks great!
    Nice eyes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Ogre! And thanks so much for the figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done Hrothyogg proud there. The yellow-green trousers make the red even redder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice submission Jeff. I think you did a good job adding some variety to the figures. My favorite is the ogre, such a great sculpt.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog