Monday, August 12, 2019

Ben's Wrap Up READY!!!

This challenge has been a great motivator to finally paint some classics I've had lurking in boxes long hidden and packed away. I chose to do a Slaanesh themed Chaos army this time around based on the 3rd edition Armies book with an eye on being able to use them in a Realms of Chaos battle one day.


The army in all its glory. Six Chaos Warriors, 18 Thugs(Red Redemption), 12 Beastmen(Chaos Snakemen) and 6 Minotaurs(5 really, one is a Keeper of Secrets). I think it's a good effort for the OWAC and an army that I'm already eager to add on to. I have also managed to make all my units in multiples of six to keep you know who happy.


The Keeper of Secrets was added over the last couple weeks and has been one of those figures I've always wanted to paint but never have. 

Hopefully my battle line holds up better than my hair line.

The proper army list:

5 Chaos Marauders(39 pts each) led by the Kinky Chaosette(Warrior w/Hvy Armor & Shield, 74 points).
Unit Total: 269 points

5 Minotaurs (Double Handed Weapons, 48 points each)
Unit Total: 240 points

11 Beastmen(w/ Light Armor and Shields, 13 points each) including Standard Bearer and Musician led by Zygor Snakearms(Lvl 10 Hero, 113 points).
Unit Total: 282 points

17 Chaos Thugs(w/ Light Armor, Shields & Double Handed Weapons, 11 points each) including Standard Bearer and Musician led by a Chaos Marauder(equipped as the unit, 40 points).
Unit Total: 249 points

Army Total: 1040 points

I've got plenty more I will eventually add to the army including Daemonettes, Fiends, Centaurs...the list goes on.

Well done again Overlord and congrats to everyone that made it. I grumble and gripe my way through but there isn't much better than actually painting an army except maybe playing with them. As always thanks for looking. 

10 comments:

  1. Great army Ben! Slaanesh is certainly making out well in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Ben, the minotaurs are a stand out unit for me, cracking job!

    (Pecos comment deleted due to autocorrect shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your color pallet. That is some glorious old lead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Army - and what an wonderfully indulgent use of a Keeper! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic Work Ben...here's hoping i get to see them on the table in person sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog