Sunday, August 25, 2019

Iannick's Undead Wrap-up

Well here we are, the end of the line, my final post of the second OWAC. Yeah! I won't lie, this year was a real challenge for me. I got a nice promotion at work this winter, and as all things with more money comes more responsibilities, which means more work! Then some knee issues (recurring problem). Ha yes, I also thought it would be a good idea to run a painting challenge while preparing a wedding! (Narrator : it was not a good idea). So in a surprising twist, this challenge was a lot more difficult for me than last year's, even though I painted a lot more figure last year (goblins) than this year (skeletons). I've also realized I prefer painting goblins to skeletons! Who knew? 


Yeah, I'm happy. New army, and soon a beautiful wife
But anyways, enough of the bitching, I nonetheless managed to finish a second OWAC and I am quite happy with myself. It always makes me chuckle when I hear people say "oh 200pts per month is a breeze". NO IT IS NOT. It's the grind of the challenge, the marathon that gets so many motivated challengers (just look at this year's Field of Bones) and so I realize how difficult and rewarding the end of the line really is.

How did I do? Well I always like to go back to my original plan and see how close I got to it. The plan was to paint :

- 15 Skeletons warriors, equipped with shields, including standard and musician : 187pts
- 15 Skeletons warriors, equipped with shields, including standard and musician : 187pts
- 1 Plague Cart : 100pts
- 12 Zombies : 48pts
- 3 Mummies : 240pts
- Ethereal Host : 1 Ghost (50pts), 1 Wraith (150pts) for 200pts
- 1 Lv5 Undead Hero, equipped with shield & heavy armour : 34pts
- 1 Lv5 Undead Hero, equipped with shield & heavy armour : 34pts
Planned total : 1123 pts

And I managed to paint :



- 15 Skeletons warriors, equipped with shields, including standard and musician : 187pts
- 4x Death Riders, equipped with light armour and lances : 100pts
- Level 10 mounted Undead hero, equipped with horse barding : 69pts
- 1 Plague Cart : 100pts
- 12 Zombies : 48pts
- 3 Mummies : 240pts
- 1 Gorgon : 110pts
- Ethereal Host : 2 Ghosts (100pts), 1 Wraith (150pts) for 250pts
- 1 Lv5 Undead Hero, equipped with shield & heavy armour : 34pts
- 1 lv 5 Liche : 90pts
Total : 1228pts

So all in all I managed to follow pretty closely my plan, and this always pleases me. I would've liked to paint that other unit of skellies. but those unplanned Death Riders took a lot more time than I had anticipated. It should make for a nice small force, or a very useful undead contingent to my Nurgle force. Also, many of these figures are really useful in my D&D games, which is always a nice bonus.








I really like my ethereal host
So, what about next year? Well I have many ideas for my next force ; Barbarians, Halflings, Forest Goblins Part II, or maybe even Skavens. Oh man oh man this is going to make for an agonizing choice! 

Thanks to all who read my stuff, commented on it, and congrats to all challengers who reached the finish line!! Great group of guys once again this year.

5 comments:

  1. Nice army! Congrats On making it through another year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, overlord. You look very proud of your army!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again thank you for running this- and you are at least the third of us wearing that t-shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're my hero Iannick! well done...have a blast at your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooo!
    Congratulations in so many ways :)
    Completion, overlording, new job, marriage.
    Excellent stuff!
    The dead look super sweet too :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog