Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Andrea’s High Elf army wrap-up

Hi guys,

so it’s time to wrap up the last months and try to summarize this third OWAC.

First of all, I want to thank you all, excellent people and Benevolent Overlord, for your support, jokes, suggestions and the great painting. These six months have been long and difficult, and having such a great company motivated me to achieve a successful end. Broken shoulder, then quarantine that do not helped at all (although forced to stay at home, it was like working twice - you know three kids...) and, last but not least, I need to confess that at the beginning I was really uncertain about the army selection. High elves were on my lead pile for a long time (uhm... they actually have always been into the lead pile!) and there was a reason for this: I was never convinced about them! But, hey OWAC is a challenge and, therefore, the challenge was accepted.

One think I have been always sure: the color choice. OWACers companions well know I like the classic color palette and pattern of Warhammer Fantasy in the 90s. So, I wanted my High Elves to spring out directly from thirty year old White Dwarf. So a little revisited classic color scheme was the most obvious choice. And you know what? There were a couple of comments from you that mentioned exactly the reminding of White Dwarf pages , and I can’t be more proud of my work!

Ok, stop writing and start showing. Here’s my OWAC3 army:


The command:


Teclis, need a personal shot:


And the other mage:


Now, rank-&-file:
Archers


Spearmen



Sword Masters



Shadow warriors





War machines:


And, finally, monsters!



Uhm... yet, another monster!


Summary of the challenge (4th edition army book):
General ............... 163 pts
Mage (Teclis) ...... 59 pts
Mage .................... 59 pts

Archers ................. 180 pts
Sword Masters ..... 260 pts
Spearmen ............. 156 pts
Shadow warriors .. 55 pts
Shadow warriors .. 55 pts

2x Bolt throwers .. 100 pts
2x Great Eagles .... 150 pts

Total ...................... 1237 pts


Well, my friends, so here is concluded my third challenge. I wish to see you all next year, with new, old school armies and stories!

Ciao, Andrea

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful army Andrea! I love high elves, and you did them proud! Congratulations on your third OWAC too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely glorious! They really do look like they're strait from the WD pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Straight out of the White Dwarf era. Small correction though: there is no way that was thirty years ago. Why, the 90s were ten years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bellissimo! This army is so clean, so crisp and screams High Elves from the table! It really could have leapt out of the pages of a White Dwarf from back in the day! It's a real thing of beauty. Well done! :-) By the way, nice choice of T-shirt although one question, why no Azzuri?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work and beautiful army!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just looking at your army takes me back when I first started playing against the elves with my friends. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! For someone who wasn't convinced by the HEs you have knocked these out of the park! A really strong Red Period/Middlehammer era vibe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, Andrea, I really enjoyed reading your posts! I'd love to see your army in person, hope next year we'll be possible to arrange the Italian meeting in Modena!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you nailed the 90s White White Dwarf army look. Congratulations!

    Additional congratulations on working from home with three kids. We only have one and that's been difficult enough. I can't imagine... :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pure 90s gold, love it. Would be great to see on the opposite side of the table

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nailed it! They do look like they're straight out of White Dwarf. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!
    Great looking army! It really looks like it belongs in the pages of a White Dwarf in the early '90's.
    The Sword Masters really stand out for me, with the richer colour palette.
    Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the army, I have been collecting high elf models to put together an army from this period, any tips or suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog