Monday, August 3, 2020

Undead! Bulldoggy Style

Another OWAC in the books!

Oh yeah baby! It's over!!! Now... I always swore I would NEVER, EVER, ever, ever, ever do an Undead army. Why? It never stops. NEVER. I actually started this army in December of 2018 and then bailed out of OWAC 2, and the only reason I started it was because I needed some undead for my Dark Elf sorcerers to summon. Do you see what happens when you mess around with necromancy? Do you want to? Come on in and feast your eyes on FEEEAAAARR!!!




So here is what I completed for OWAC 3... Skeleton Warriors, Archers, a Zombie regiment, Death Riders, and an Undead Chariot. I still have 15 more zombies that have to be painted. As far as painting goes I tried to cheat as much as possible to get units painted up and ready for the tabletop as quickly as possible. The zombies were painted almost exclusively using Citadel Contrast paints and utilized the airbrush extensively.


And now.. here we see the entire army assembled in it's heinous undead glory!! The whole army is a mix of models from different manufacturers which gives it a really unique character. There are a couple models that i'm not a huge fan of and may replace, but overall I'm very happy.


The army is built around a solid core of skeletons and zombies. Two regiments of Skeleton Warriors, one regiment of Grim Reapers, and a (half-finished) zombie regiment.


The main infantry force is supported by a corpse cart in the form of a skeleton on a throne palanquin and undead heroes. As you can see... there are plenty of skeletons to go around. I'm really glad I got an opportunity to paint my Evil Ash model that I picked up as part of a group commission a few years ago.


I'm very happy with how the zombies turned out. Contrast paint works perfectly with all these wonderful Kev Adams sculpts.


What's an army with it's fearless leaders? NOTHING! Check out this spooky Liche boi on his classic Ral Partha zombie dragon!! FUCKING. AWESOME. I love both the rider and dragon models and could barely contain my excitement when I decided to pair them together. I'm happy and I may have slept with this model on my night stand... maybe. (I did)


AAARRGH!! Awesome Marauder Necromancer. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

awesome.


Next up are a couple Screaming Skull Catapults and archers to support the infantry advance. The archer models are Ral Partha and Warmonger. I'm not a huge fan of the Warmonger archers, but they get the job done. I may just end up buying another pack of the monopose Ral Partha archers to replace the Warmonger ones.


Finally the cavalry! Sixteen Death Riders, a chariot and three Carrion to outflank and roll up my enemies while the skeleton infantry bogs them down. I really had fun painting up the Carrion and their creepy little riders.

I want to thank Iannick once again for running this challenge! This is the second one I've completed and now have two fantastic armies to show for it! Next year I may end up expanding my Dark Elf army from OWAC I. 

Also... I totally forgot to do an Armies Pose photo. I took all of these dudes out of the display case and then realized my error after I had put them back up.... and i'm not taking these out again unless i'm taking them to a game. So.... instead your get a photo dump. ENJOY!






UNTIL NEXT YEAR YA FUCKERS! STAY SAFE! 

14 comments:

  1. So much awesome in this! Great work dude and I love the background 😁.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quality painting and great output! The pictures are lovely, and super atmospheric. It's a fantastic army

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics and great army! And I love your 'Bob Ross' painting! Go Team Undead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a huge load of bones! Looks great and awesome awesome awesome take on the headshot. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great backdrop to a great army 😉!
    Solid stuff all round - the necromancer is awesome indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! I really happy to have such a great army in the display case!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best headshot I've seen! Your walking dead came out great and I love that dragon model. Excellent job all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How? Just HOW? so much and to such a lovely standard!! It's a thing to behold . I'm more scared that i'll never achieve this level in either standard or volume! Its terrifyingly good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome army and fantastic result of six months of effort!
    Terrifying in both number and nature!
    The Zombie Dragon is the highlight for me, but there are scores of really well painted classic models in this. Perfect backdrop to set the atmosphere too. Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Extra awesome. Extra. Awesome.

    Really impressive output and those army shots with the Bob Ross backgrounds are sumptuous!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog