Thursday, January 28, 2021

Mariano´s Wood Elves - Glade runners and some Warrior kinbands (215 pts)

Rank and File month #I

So here we are, first month is over and I have some wood elves to show... Great, I haven't fall on the first month!!!

Art by Victor Lozada

First of all, I have painted part of the army couple of years ago so the color scheme is clear. Anyway, I don't believe a wood elves army should have a closed color schemen so my only worry is to add as many diferents greens as possible.

What have I done this month...?

  • 10 Glade runners - 160 points
  • 5 Warrior kinbands with light armour - 55 points

Yes! 215 on the first month.

The Glade runners... Well, these guys have the responsability of patrolling Athel Loren so they deserved some love, I spent the first 15 days on them giving me the possibility to have some extra breaks on the rest of the month. It was a really pleasure to paint a full Marauder Wood Elves unit. Did some research on Internet but I couldn't find any other painted unit

Let's see some pics...

The complete unit





The Warrior kinbands. Being honest, I had no good feeling with how they would be once finished but once I finished them I liked how they turned out and I think I'm going to change my planning and continue with the rest of the unit for the next month. What do you think? 


I added the symbol of Argwylon on the shields, the only place in Athel Loren in which the old traditions remains and what's more tradicional than the classic Jess Goodwin Wood Elves warriors...


Not quite sure if I will be able to finish another 15 elves, only 28 days on February, but this is going to be my challenge for the next month.

Hope you enjoyed the post. That's all, friends!!

16 comments:

  1. Classic, really like what you've done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see Marauder Elves in numbers! Lovely work on the shields and detailing on the hoods too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The classics never go out of style! I really like your skin tone, and the freehand on the shields is just spot on. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stylish! That yellow really pops, and brings out the surprising complexity of the old elves. I hadn't seen these before and now I quite like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice start to the challenge. I can't remember seeing a full painted unit of those Marauder elves before -- very cool!

    The steel on the weapons is amazing, and I think the shield design works very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! They are really crisp and bright and... lovely! Everthing is so smooth too. I think the shields are amazing with that freehand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gardeners are insane man !!! I love the color scheme which is "genuine oldhammer" but also fit perfectly with them. Your coat of arms is also fantastic. Lovely !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant. Great to see those marauder figures getting the attention they deserve. IMHO they are great sculpts that don’t get the same love as the Jes Goodwin figures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright colours and overall palette, really nice job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. The greens are excellent and the NMM really works for elves.

    I'm already eying up WElves as next year's option (really should be concentrating on what's already on my plate) and managed to break my 'no buying new models' New Years pledge a month in after getting a decent deal on 10 3rd ed Wardancers and the Warhammer Quest chap also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful paint job on classic models. Love the warm greens and enchanted looking weapon blades. Great freehand design on the shields - and very brave doing that on of rank & file models!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice vibrant colours! I really like the warriors - the shields really set them off. Great freehand work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice mix of marauder and the old Lord of the Rings sylvan elves. Shields are great, as is the entire palette

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog