Monday, July 4, 2022

ZeroTwentythree's June Undead (600pts)

June Entry

LEADER Month!
 
I decided to save the man... er, former man... himself for last - The Liche!

This figure holds a bit of nostalgia for me. One of my close friends when I was young had an undead army and used this figure from Grenadier as one of his leaders (general?) As I recall he painted it in a pretty loud color scheme. I'm sure I didn't manage an identical paint scheme, but I think I'm fairly close. Since I had to pick this figure up from eBay, I got the original pack with both mounted and on foot. It's nice to have both options!

Here he is accompanied by the army standard bearer, The Candyman. The figure is an old Citadel skeleton, but the scythe had broken off. So I took the logical step and gave him some festive balloons, and modified his shield arm to hold a star-bust swirl lollipop.
 


Next are two undead heroes that were part of the original, less weird OWAC plan that didn't involve flamingos, lollipops, or any of that nonsense. One is an old Citadel mounted wight who was intended to lead the regular undead horse cavalry. The other, on the left, is a more recent figure from Northstar that I was really fond of, and will lead the regiment of armored skeleton infantry. Lastly is an old '80s Citadel Lord of the Rings barrow wight I picked up part way through June. I just had to paint it right away!

 
 
Lastly, let us bow our heads to the loss of two more OWAC challengers who dropped out to the Field of Bones - Maciek and Andrea. But all is not lost, they shall fight and paint eternal as part of the Liche's elite painting team. Also, I lost one of the last '80s era paints that was still in usable condition. So it too will be memorialized as a small terrain piece.

 
 
Just when I thought I was in the home stretch and going to finish early, The Overlord posted the below image to the OWAC FB group.
 
I took that as a challenge.

Thus, I have a last minute henge, complete with circle of stones, soup, and salad.

 
 Here's a candid shot of the Liche about to perform one of his summoning rituals. Soup, salad, and barrels are not glued down, so I can use this for a variety of gaming purposes, not just amassing a skeleton army.



So there it is, June and another OWAC completed! Coming soon, my wrap-up post.

 
June Leader Month
 
1 Liche (lv.15) w/undead horse, pistol.................................... 247 pts
1 Undead Hero (lv. 10) w/Army Standard, lt. armour........... 150 pts
1 Undead Hero (lv. 10) w/ lt. armour, shield.......................... 58 pts
1 Undead Hero (lv. 10) w/undead horse, lt. armour, shield... 68 pts
2 Skeleton Warriors...............................................................   20 pts
1 Wight.................................................................................    100 pts
1 Henge w/stone circle, soup, salad....................................    unlimited skeletons

June Total:
600 pts
Grand Total: 1733 pts

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is just totally awesome! And now my Rainbow Warriors need Balloon Banners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad looks good enough to eat! Good humour and great painting, the balloons and lollipops are perfect. Looking forward to seeing your army assembled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bones, balloons and Lollipops, Stones, soup and salad! What an ending! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just loving the story, well done for reaching the finish line

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for flamingos, lollipops, and nonsense! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! That's brilliant! And the Field of Bones figures are 👌The swirls on the candy came out magnificently - delicious! Looking forward to the group shot - it must look so unique.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog