Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Jaakko and Slargash - Rank & File #3

Slargash's worst fears seemed to have come true - all work had ground to a halt. The almost maniacal flurry of miniatures walzing through the painting area was only a distant memory. No pot had been opened, not a drop of paint had been applied for weeks and Slargash felt panic creeping into his cold leaden heart. "Hide those horses", he snapped to the Mad Spell twins. "We are not taking chances - I'm not going to tolerate another year in my bare undercoats!"

 


It has been a tough month. I assumed it would have been smooth sailing coming from February, but it was not going to be the case. I was quite exhausted from the first two months and needed a short break from the challenge. That's all nice, but when you find yourself going through a few epidemic illnessess and add a work trip to the mix you surely sense trouble. I had to really force it and burn some midnight oil but managed to paint the bare minimum to avoid using the wild card month. Now I feel in my guts why they call this a challenge.


This month in points:

- 10 marauders:  390 points

Total so far 1639 points, 53 models

 


Next month I will try to finish the final compulsory Rank & File month consisting mainly of chaos warriors. Hopefully this will also include my army banner and some surprises. Wish me luck!

16 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the dark style of this group of anti-socialites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was going for a bit darker palette with these. I'm glad you like them!

      Delete
  2. I like em, but I'd like a bit more colour to make em pop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice. I still have a handful of these, including a standard bearer, and will consider this when I get back at them

      Delete
  3. Lovely thugs! Glad you made the month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if that's how you paint in a rush... These look awesome! Congrats on staying in the challenge despite all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate 🙏 Yes, I would have liked a bit more time in March. I have a few days off in April and just agreed that the wife is out of town for some time in May so things are looking bright for me and Slargash at the moment

      Delete
  5. Very nice work - gritty realism with a touch of colour. And I hope your health worries are over now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I sure hope so too! There's still so much I'd like to add to this project...

      Delete
  6. Bravo sir! I commend your efforts in turning out a great looking unit under difficult circumstances. This is the spirit of the OWAC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! I start to slowly understand what it means to take part in this challenge!

      Delete
  7. Great stuff in rising to the challenge and squashing those nurglish daemons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that the Lord of Plagues almost got me! The Great Unclean One is the only greater daemon I don't own. Maybe Papa is signalling me to fix this...

      Delete
  8. Cool unit nonetheless. Keep up your work, maybe the next month is more productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I will. I'm already having a blast with the warriors

      Delete

Search This Blog