Tuesday, January 30, 2024

AdamH’s rat attack part three! Slaving the best for first?!

 It’s month one, energy is high, so I decided to go straight for the models that I find the most dull to paint:

Skaven Slaves! These represent my first Rank and File month submission.

Yea they are certainly not the most exciting, being deliberately painted in a drab brown scheme, but they are very useful in a Skaven army and with this unit that brings my total to three units of 25 (a combined total of a massive 195 points! (Including musicians)

I wanted to have the option to field commands with the Slave units but in reality it is rarely a good idea. You are giving your opponent victory points for nothing, plus what self respecting Warlord would allow his slaves to carry a banner?! Nevertheless I have painted some additional banner and champion models to put into my existing units to at least give me the option:

It is also worth mentioning that I have still got to varnish these models, and rather than bring out my airbrush every month I am going to wait until the end of the challenge and do them all together. Therefore they are missing some final details like basing tufts and leaf littler but you will see them with these elements on my final wrap up post later in the year.

So that brings me onto my month one stats:

  • Models painted: 25
  • Total points: 80
  • Shades of brown: too many
Lastly for the month we have the OWAC secret Santa/model exchange/figure witness protection program?

My chosen recipient was Samothy, and I know how much he likes robots and sand so I painted him a classic Necron:


Enjoy buddy!

To all the other challengers, can’t wait to see everyone’s forces come together, and to the other member(s?) of #TeamSkaven; squeak squeak, nibble, squeak, yes-yes. (They will know what it means).

7 comments:

  1. That's a big chunk of miniatures away from the lead pile, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep painting numbers like those and you might just set a record. Great job getting through the slog first. The Necron is awesome as well, great glow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so it begins! RATMAGGEDON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tactic with painting the slaves first - and a wonderful start it is too! 🐀

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had the right idea to go with the Slaves first! Great productivity in the first month - promises a lot for the rest of the challenge!
    Keep going! You've got to deliver for #teamSkaven now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! I agree with the comments above on tactics for painting the slaves first - strike while motivation is high and save fun stuff for later! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog