Sunday, March 3, 2024

Tom's Chaos Renegades: Rank and File 2



February: Rank and file, month two

Some super iconic models in this month, and I kinda tried to go all out on the colour scheme although it was a bit of a motivational dampener starting each one. I painted these singularly, which was much more of a drain than I thought it would be!

Anyway...
First up, this sorcerous revenant πŸ‘‡




In the end, the colour placement and choices were helped by having previously painted some old (3d printed - they were a gift) tzeentchian flamers. I finished off that flamer unit this month with four more models - pictures of which are at the end of the post. But anyhow, roughly speaking the head is purple, shoulders green, arms fade into white. Chest is yellow, and legs fade into purple/pink. 
Naturally I swtched some things up on the fly, but it was a helpful framework when I struggled to start painting.

The heavy πŸ‘‡
Armed with a plasma gun. πŸ‘Š




I really like the mushroom doods, and I'm really pleased at how the bloody skull came out.

Next up, a fantasy model armed with a technological weapon πŸ‘‡. I love these guys who can fit in either timeframe. 
I did think that I should add a backpack to help with the silhouette, but the poor* guy is obviously more demon than marine, so most likely cares not about his environmental safety.

*citation needed




Another fungal boy with a flamerπŸ‘‡
I added the flames on the shoulder as it was way too bare without a bit of decoration. I should probably to the same to the three armed guy above...




This one has at least kept his feet! πŸ‘‡





An iconic sorcerer on a flying disc πŸ‘‡. I think a metal wire as the flying stand is stronger than the see-through plastic stands, plus I can drill straight through the disc and into the rider, keeping everything secure. I'm terrible for dropping models, and I've dropped this guy at least three times already...




On to the demons to make up the numbers for this month πŸ‘‡.

 Fortunately I had already painted a unit of five before the Challenge, so all the colour choices were already made. These four were batch painted, and as they're relatively simple models, they were quick to paint up. The real challenge was trying to match the colours! Four of these beasties take the total to a sacred Tzeentchian nine.






These next twoπŸ‘‡, I see now that I have neglected to colour in their blue eyes. I might go back in and correct it later, but for now they stay like this. For the motivations yo!



And here's all four daemon flamers. πŸ‘‡




Bonus model:

This tiny Changer of Ways πŸ‘‡
I loved painting this lil' monster, although it did prove hard to photograph....




Here's the group shoot of this months modelsπŸ‘‡





And onto the:

ROUNDUP
Intro: link
January - rank and file: link

February: Rank and File 2
150...   5 x Thousand Sons
52...     1 x Sorcerer
160...   4 x Flamers of Tzeentch
FREE...1 x Familiar 

Total... 362


A bonus pic of the big bird/little bird πŸ’– They're obviously plotting something...πŸ‘‡


That's it for February. Hopefully next month is another rank and file, but I've a lot of real life to do in March so we'll see.

Until next time!

9 comments:

  1. OUTSTANDING month. You have pulled off the myriad of colors that are fitting of the Changer of Ways. I love your model selection. I really like how the flame portion of the Flamers arms look like jewels. Really awesome and inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is always one of the high points in a month of owac. There is so much to discover in your models and I end up using a lot of zoom. The blade and arms of the fantasy model were my facourite details from this month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such Tzeentch! Wow!

    I'm always a fan of your bold use of colour and with these you can really let fly - I love them all but the superb Sorcerer on Flying Disk is the stand out for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's chaos indeed. Bright colours, outstanding mutations. True servants of the Great Mutator!!

    I really like old Flamers of Tzeentch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing as usual, mate! The way you've blended all these colours together, and somehow made them work, makes me wonder if you're actually channeling some sort of minor Chaos god ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, James' comment nailed it - it's a seeming riot of colour, but actually it's tightly choreographed so that it seems quite natural. It's quite an achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliantly done! The blending on the colors is really incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bloody Hell! So much glorious detail to enjoy here, and your colouring is superb. A real technical achievement and brimming with character too.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog