Friday, December 1, 2017

Jeff Allen's A Chaos Horde of two - November (394pts)

The start of this challenge couldn't have come at worse time. I took a new job. The new job was in the process of moving to a new building. Being in IT I had to work weekends to get things up and running. But not all was lost.

My wife had a 5 day business trip to Las Vegas. Five glorious days! Giving me lots and lots of free time to finish....then my kids gave me a Cold. That pretty much wiped out the  the 5 days. 

So on the morning of Nov 30th, here was my progress so far.




A full day of painting lay ahead. I made good progress through the day. 


Here's the problem. I didn't have a plan. I didn't have a paint scheme. I was wracking my head on how to paint these guys. I was googling images, looking at videos. Looking at the Oldhammer group for ideas. I repainted parts of the figure multiple times. That cost me a lot of time. I eventually I landed on a scheme. I went with a very light green wash over the armor that I liked.

So here's the finished product. Unfortunately I suck at taking pics, so some of the more subtle techniques I used get washed out in the pics. 







This guy was dropped on the way to the photo table. Rider/Horse separation.


So for November I have 2 figures painted! 2 Chaos Heros on Chaos Steeds. 197 points a piece for a total of 394. Feels like cheating...but it's done and now I can start the next group. 

Cheers, Jeff

6 comments:

  1. LOVE these guys, especially the grinning maniac, on of my all-time favourite.

    I really like the simple but very effective chaos undivided colour scheme you used for these guys, they really look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the scheme. I find sometimes I do better when I just get stuck in. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them a lot! Desperation gives great color schemes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 absolute great models! Remember the chaos warband forms around it’s leaders. Way to start big and gather a following as the project goes on. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. They came out great. Don't sweat the number of figures, when you paint Chaos that's how it goes. Glad the drop only separated him from his mount.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog