Monday, January 7, 2019

Andy's 3rd Edition WHFB Skaven ensemble

Greetings Fellow Oldhammer fanatics and zealots.

My name is Andy and I live in Yorkshire in the UK.  I’ve been collecting and painting citadel miniatures since 1979 and playing warhammer since it first inception to the 3rd edition.

For this challenge, which happens to be my first :), I’ve chosen Skaven!!!, at this point Andy’s sub conscious screams wtf why do you always go for the horde armies... 




I love the furry little Jez Goodwins’ bastards. I was lucky enough to see and buy some of the models before they went on general release. It was love at first sight, they had so much character and there lore was wonderfully crafted.

I’ve decided to build a 3rd edition army and only use models that were released at the time and sculpted by Jez and Marauder miniatures. The reason for the inclusion of Marauder models was to add some variety to the plague monk regiment which Jez only sculpted two. Jez also designed a handful of troop and hero Skaven models which were released sooner after the launch of the 4th edition of warhammer. The models are in keeping with his first two series of models and I’ve been reliably informed the models were designed and prototyped whilst the 3rd edition was legal so if my OCD and Autism will allow me I might included these in my project. I won’t be using any of the Colin Dixon Skaven which in my option are a crime against the miniature world.

Proposed Army list; 

(Subject to change)

Minimum troop types: 20 slaves 50 Clan rats *arrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!

1x slave 19 troops: 1HW, Shield; 1 lvl5 champion, 1HW, shield 88pts

1x Clan rats 22 troops, std, musician; 1HW, Shield; 1lvl15 champion, 1HW, spear, shield 200pts *tbc

1x Clan rats 22 troops, std, musician; 1HW, Spears, Shield; 1lvl15 champion, 1HW, spear, shield 221pts*tbc

1x Black Skaven 19 troops, std, musician; 1HW, Halberds, Shield; 1lvl15 champion, 1HW, Halberds, shield 242 pts

1x Stormvermin 19 troops, std, musician; 1HW, double handed, Shield; 1lvl15 champion, 1HW, double handed, shield 263 pts

Total: 1014pts

Selection of Skaven regiments

Black Skaven Regimnet


Clan Skaven Regiment 


Clan Eshin


Stormvermin


Clan Skryre

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Had the majority for 30 years luckily. Still need a few to flash out regiments though.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am a leaf floating on the wind, Inam a leaf floating in the wind....

      Delete
  3. With such a fistname, you couldn't but choose the ratmen. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to think of good Oldhammer name. I was considering basing them on Thrott’s clan.

      Delete
  4. That's a LOT of brown to paint. :-) Gotta love a good rat swarm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got 8 different browns for fur then Wood, leather and clothing it’s challenging lol

      Delete
  5. 😱😱😱😱😱
    Lot of rats!!!
    Good luck with the Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I’m going to throw my all at the first month :)

      Delete
  6. This is going to be a fantastic looking army. I'm glad you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog