Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Anthony’s February Orcs - Big ‘Uns and Boulders (137.5 pts)

Hi guys, and welcome back to the continuation of my Orcs and Goblins saga. This month, my offering consists of 10 big 'uns and an orc stone thrower. These guys will join the chariots and crossbow orcs I painted last month.

I've been itching to get my hands on these orcs ever since Diego released them a few months back. Thanks, OWAC 2, for giving me an excuse to paint them. I started on these guys late in January and I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. While they are quite a bit bigger than 'regular' 3rd edition orcs, their Oldhammer vibe makes them well suited for use as big 'uns. I love their pointed snouts - it gives them a feral look that fits the orcs perfectly.

10 Orc Big 'Uns (95 pts)

In order to break up the monotony, my OWAC painting strategy consists of painting a mixture of rank and file troops and 'special' pieces (characters, war machines, or even other pieces from other armies). We'll see how well it turns out.

Front glamor shots ...

... and arses.

More fronts ...

... and more arses.
Keep your eyes peeled for their mounted brethren who will be making an appearance later on in this OWAC.

What's an orc army without some artillery that is just as likely to wreak havoc on your own troops as it is is to damage the enemy? I present to you the Marauder orc stone thrower. 

Orc Stone Thrower (42.5 pts)
Until next month, happy painting!

17 comments:

  1. These are awesome, maybe next year I have to do some orcs for OWAC. they will never be this good I'm afraid :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came out great, and orcs are such a big commitment! You can see their wonderful faces clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! Fantastic miniatures and excellent painting. The rusty look is so very well done. Love what you have done here. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job on some very characterful orcs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work! This is awakening the waaaagh inside me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic paint jobs Anthony. The scale creep in that line of miniatures really turned me off. Lovely sculpts though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are magnificent!

    Big 'Uns & Boulders sounds like the Orc themed expansion to Crossbows and Catapults that we all deserved in the 80s ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anthony! WOW, I'm shocked, first time seing the entire unit painted and at such awesome level! :O

    Where can I send you email/question?
    Are you on Facebook?

    Thanks a lot for sharing these guys again!

    Regards,
    Diego

    - Knightmareminiatures.com -

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, gentlemen. Working on their mounted brethren as we speak. they are very enjoyable models to paint

    ReplyDelete
  10. They do fit with a lot of the old minis. Beautiful painting once again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really great, Anthony!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them! I have a bunch of Diego's goblins on the paint shelf waiting their turn and they are nice but I love these sculpts. I may have to pry out the wallet and procure some of these...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog