Sunday, February 3, 2019

Ratwig's Dark Elf Shadows (200 pts)

My first installment is a unit of 10 x Shadows for a total of 200 points. They have all the additives: light armor, shield and repeater crossbow. I added brass rod for bowstrings and some crossbows were modified into repeater crossbows with one troop performing a reload. I kept the colors muted as they are supposed to be dressed in “twilight colors that merge with the shade”.  The brown/grey splinter pattern for their shields kind of got washed out in the light after ink wash and dry-brushing, but I kind of like the way they turned out anyway.






Preparing the next batch of figs for paint.
Ran out of Jack… the horror!
Thanks,
Ratwig out

8 comments:

  1. Very effective paint scheme for this unit of scouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Scott! I like the simple shields, very shadow-esque

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifull work. I love the shields. Marauder ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All troops are Marauder except the one with the cape, center front row, who is a pre-slotta Citadel fig.

      Delete
  4. I concur, I like the color scheme you've used and your rationale for it. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shields are subtle but effective and look very natural. Love them. Bonus points for adding bow strings!

    And now I want some bourbon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the color palette a lot. It is subtle but really works for the regiment.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog