Sunday, April 21, 2019

Lissanne's Chaos Demons- the Flesh Failures (261 points)


Until a few years back, figures truly worthy of Slaanesh were hard to come by.  Now there is an abundance of truly outre chaos to choose from.  The downside is they are usually plastic.  The upside is there are so many and so extreme, it is fairly easy to find a good match for your forces, no matter how depraved, violent or putrid.

The source for the Flesh Failures are Sloth abominations from 'The Others'.  The Dogs are Void Hounds from 'Shadows of Brimstone'.    I am a sucker for good sculpts, and the tongues are what attracted me.

 The Flesh Failures

3 mighty chaos warriors, their names and race forgotten.  What is remembered is that they were blessed together, fought together, swore allegiance to Ignatz together...and well, devolved together.  What do you expect when mortals join a group of Demons?  Now they are Chaos Spawn.  But on the bright side they still fight together.


And three little puppies, I mean Chaos Hounds.  They seem to look an awful lot like Magnolia the Dragon Ogre...naughty Magnolia, what have you been doing?  You go girl!  Chaos Hounds are supposed to have a handler, but in a force of demons it seems unnecessary.  So here they are, part of the clean up crew, like the Flesh Failures.
3 Chaos Spawn (225 pts)
3 Chaos Hounds (36 pts)


And since they weren't part of my original unprimed pic, here they are unpainted.


So, this gives me a month and a half to work on my Demon Lord Ignatz.  Wish me luck! I have my work AND a mural to do next month.  Will I finish or mulligan in May...hmmm.

This is how far I have gotten.  What do you think?

15 comments:

  1. Those spawn are absolutely horrifying... in a good way, they are fab.
    And the wing looks badass, looking forwards to seeing the head honcho once he's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across a pic of those Sloth abominations ages ago, but I couldn't determine what they were. I will now go hunting.

    They look ace man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, those are all perfect! Did you add the drooly-bits to the spawn?

    Unique take on the hounds, but fittingly Slaanesh-y. Again, I like the pattern painted on them. For some reason, their heads remind me a little of the sandworm from Beetlejuice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I now use a toothpick trellis to make strings of clear caulk and then let them dry and add PVC glue dots (Elmer's). Pretty easy to remove and place.

      Delete
  4. These are lovely in a suitably horrible way. I like the blue pattern, and the start on the wing looks epic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can’t wait to see the full effect of this army. This months edition is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This whole post is disgustingly good Lissanne! Those models fit your style perfectly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to that Demon Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not even sure what to comment on those abomination critters... They are disturbing but I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work on some very creepy looking models.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sloths look really good. I m hesitating to convert mine to join my chaos army but the step is far.
    Your painting is really good.
    Sybou

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creepy! Totally get what you mean about the Sandworms. Sheesh, sandworms, gotta hate 'em. Right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for everyone's kind comments! I will try to keep the creepy factor going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, these are really creepy!... Well, very effective Lissanne, congrats! The demon lord is going to be an epic model!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog