Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tom's Dwarfs - Month four (385 points)

Well, this month has seen me not being as productive as in the past, but the mighty surge in painting at the start of the challenge is still paying dividends!
Anyhow - WARRIORS!
Lots of them....


I see that I've neglected to fully paint the dwarf on the far rights helmet. Maybe that'll be a job for next month...


The guy with the chainmail faceguard was my favourite to paint - mostly because he's sporting a lovely cape which I  painted red. Reminded me a bit of Superman


The command. King Gorrin is another model from the 'Lords of Legend' set. Maybe I can complete the set before the end of the Challenge? 
I painted some blood on Gorrin's sword - I'm not really sure why, but it doesn't look too bad. I used a dab of superglue, and maybe many dabs of PVA to create the slight drip.
I love the guy wearing the orc head. Lovely pose.



And the group shot:


Here's a non-cropped photo. You can see it's pretty blue looking and a bit washed out. I admit, I played around with some settings on my phone to get the cropped picture, but the colours are a lot nearer to how they appear in real life


Following this, I also painted another unit of warriors.
I wanted this unit to be a bit of a mix 'n' match, representing the homestead dwarfs rather than the crusading ones. I should have painted them non-uniformly, but I got carried away with the lure of huge regiments, so blue and white it was. I can add them to any other unit to bolster their numbers without them looking out of place. Good times.

A dwarf adventurer on the left, Gimli from the LotR range taking center, and then- unfortunately, what I can only assume to be a recast of a lovely model. It has four mould lines bisecting it.

Left: a stalwart chunk
Center: Sly Stallone's Rambo. Maybe y'all guessed from the sign off last week? Anyway, he's part of the Chaos Dwarf range, but he has a lovely charm, and who wouldn't want Rambo on their side? He joins the unit.
Right: A model that's duplicated later. Not my favourite, I might add.


Some classic models here. I was lucky to pick up the bomber in a batch buy (thank you if you're the seller and reading this!). Center is a hero. Right is a prelude (or so I've heard) to the monopose-like dwarf hammerers of 6th ed.


The duplicate there on the right, a lovely halberd dwarf in center, and a mahoosive axe guy on the end.

I think the guy in the center is slightly later than the two either side - he's a bit more chunky. 
Gotta love a grappling hook too though :)

A group shot (including the standard, musician and the dwarf on the far right whos pictures I've -ahem- forgotten to take...)



That's kinda it for April - full steam ahead for Mays effort.
The war machine crew still haunt me.
The General is looking at me.
Some extras need to be done.

Talking of extras, here's a pic of some more extras that I might do at some point next month (or the one after)


Notable for this dwarf - lovingly painted by some ebay guy. Red eyes! He'll be in Dettol by the end of the week. We'll see how the base he's on fares with that!




The very sketchy plan is to paint up the Imperials to join the larger group of homestead dwarfs. The rest of the Lords of Legend are there just in case!

Here's an extras model I painted up for this month:


He's a pre-slotta Cleric, mashed onto the base with the help of a little milliput :)

I also painted this Imperial, with the aim of replaceing either the musician or standard, if I blend two units together:


And, that just about wraps everything up!

January:
130...Crossbowmen
54...Bolt Thrower
33...Warriors

February
202...Slayers

March
143...Warriors
110...Cannon

April
176...Warriors
209...Warriors

Total this month is an intimidating 385 points!
Total for the challenge so far is 1057!!

Yaaasss :)

Anyhow, until next month: Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. Looking great! Who’s the chap with the feather in hat? I’ll have to try to figure out him, I don’t recall that casting but he adds great variation to the unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I've just asked the give hive mind on the Oldhammer Identification FB page. Turns out he is part of the Harlequin miniatures Bolt Thrower crew :)

      Delete
  2. Bloody impressive! Nicely painted and many of them. And here I am struggling to paint 14 figures for the month...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! That’s a lot of dwarfs to do in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous old school Dorfs! I'm particularly loving the Homestead Warriors. Such a characterful unit :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a month! In both quantity and quality! Your army is looking really good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work! Your army will be epic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again for the kind words peeps :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog