Monday, May 27, 2019

Brennan and Confused Frogmen (240 points)

Happy May!

This month I bring you the last of the planned regiments, 15 Eagle Warriors with a Standard.  I kept the froggies blue.  The Eagle Warriors are wearing an Eagle Suit.  They have a great two-handed weapons and have a shield.  I do have some shields that are more Aztec-like, but I like the idea of the Slann having adapted some materials from their contact with the Old Worlders.  So shields and the smattering of swords seems to give the army the right feel, to me anyway.  I have to say I love them.  The great wide faces, big eyes (which make them a breeze to paint) and the feather suits!  Note, the talons on the end of the suits legs and sleeves.  Also, there is a bit nice fringe on the end of the legs to make them look more like bird legs,

I did some research and for the Aztecs, the more wealthy you were, the more likely your suit would be made from other textiles, but made to look like feathers, rather than actual feathers. That gave me license to go the way I wanted with them.  I thought about doing a couple of all white suits and maybe a black one, but they are +3 elites and in the end I decided to give them a uniform appearance.  I like to have move variation in uniform the lower you are on the Elite scale.  I varied the base brown slightly, from nut browns to a conker brown.   When I play them, I will probably use another, more fancy Slann as a hero to make the character standout nicely.


The one challenge, like I had with the Alligator Warriors, was the fact that there was only one Eagle Warrior casting produced.  You can vary the base mounting slightly to give some variation, but unless yu are far better sculptor/converter than I am, you will end up with a fairly uniform appearance.  Especially if you want them wearing near identical suits.


In summations for May we have:
15 Eagle Warriors with 2 handed weapons and a standard - 240

7 comments:

  1. Kudos on painting the shield design! The unit looks great - the standard bearer is sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, and remember the Romans deliberately wore as identical clothes and equipment as possible, reportedly to scare the hell out of their opponents, looking mechanical before there was such a thing. So...go for it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the fact that they are so uniform. well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear what you are saying about the limitations of a single sculpt, but sometimes uniformity can have a real impact and that is an impressive unit my man, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good. I think monopose works for a regiment.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog