Thursday, July 18, 2019

AdamH's Brets - Wrap up

Well here we are, end of the road. As I mentioned last month, I am actually quite surprised that I made it to the end and am very proud of the army I have ended with. It might not be the best painted in the challenge, nor the highest model count (in fact I may well be the lowest) but for me it represents a significant milestone in my painting history. With that I present to you my OWAC 2019 force in all its glory:



The total force came to a mighty 1440 points, split amongst 48 models (49 if we count king froggy):



Full Army List

General of Bretonnia x1 - 250
(Griffon)
                                               
Level 2 Damsel x1 - 121
(Warhorse)
                                               
Bertrand Brigand x1 - 83

Bergerac Bowmen x18 - 178
(Inc. Musician)
                                               
Knights of the Realm x6 - 234
                                               
Grail Knights x6 - 278
(Inc. Champion, Standard, Musician)
                                               
Knights Errant x6 - 198
(Inc. Champion, Standard, Musician)
                                               
Mounted Squires x6 - 98
(Inc. Musician and bows)

The army was built for 5th edition in mind as that was the first edition I really remember playing. I saw the 5th edition box set release but before then I never really played the game, just bought and painted models. I need to write the list in the other editions to see how much it comes out at but I assume the later versions are going to need many more models.

I didn’t get the time to do the final few details that I really wanted to do to finish the army, banners pennants etc. I still need to do a few more models to finish the force (command for the KOTR unit for one) so will hopefully get the finishing touches done at the same time. For now though enjoy some ‘arty’ pictures of the force:







 

Final thoughts; as mentioned I have enjoyed the challenge immensely and without a doubt it has got me painting way more models than I would have done without it. If the opportunity arises to do it again, I will most certainly take it, in fact I have already started gathering the models for my next army and it is the absolute complete opposite of this force. I will leave you to try and guess what army that could be…

10 comments:

  1. I have loved your army all the way through! I have only 23 models, so you are no way the smallest count. Why are you dressed like a necromancer, tho?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Amy is so awesome. Everything is so well done. You've every right to feel super chuffed with it!
    Horses are super hard - especially when they've all got different barding. The bases are sweet. Everything is super tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right to be proud - they look stunning, a perfect feudal mix of bright colours and natural drab, both equally well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite army of the challenge. I love the colours and the sharp highlights, most excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop whoop we made it dude! Your army looks fab, can't wait to see them in person and get a game of 5th in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! From the color choice to highlight and the overall execution. Everything excellent, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on a very striking army!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work! This army stands out on the game table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on making it. You've got one of my favorite armies in the challenge. Don't short-change yourself on the quality of the painting -- they look great!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog