Monday, July 22, 2019

Lissanne's Chaos Demon Army Wrap-up


or How to do figs for Warhammer 40k in a Warhammer Fantasy Challenge

Since I really don't play fantasy much (and already have a high elf army from OWAC I)  I chose Chaos Demons in order to paint some of those lovely figs that were gathering dust.  They are useful for WH40k, and also D&D, which I play several times a month.  Ignatz was designed with a D&D demon in mind actually!
 

Pluses:  Chaos, especially demons, is a small enough force I can get the figs painted to an acceptable standard to me.  Some of the elves I did last year I felt a little rushed, but I didn't feel rushed with this army, nor did I slack off.  I got to paint my demon lord Ignatz to the nines, the way I wanted to.  Which was my main goal.  Not to mention the painting on the traditional Dragon Ogre and the Chaos Spawn which I am very happy with!  Actually, I am pretty satisfied with everything this time around!


Regrets:  Not having time to do the fiends, which were more meticulous conversion.  Turned out it was demonettes or fiends, and the demonettes won.  Ah well, the fiends wait for the future.


And some more photos:


So, the rundown is:

   Demon Lord Ignatz the Handful (275 pts)
   2 Dragon Ogres 2x87pts  (174pts)
   6 Flamers of Tzeench 6x50pts (300 pts)
   8 Demonettes 8x35pt (280 pts)
   3 Chaos Spawn  3x75pt (225 pts)
   3 Chaos Hounds  3x12pt (36 pts)
   23 figures in total  (1290pts)


I was wondering about next OWAC.  Like I said, I don't really play much fantasy.  Maybe more chaos?  Maybe Bloodbowl?  THEN, an entire army of skeletons on the sprue was dumped in my lap this month (no, I mean literally)  Nearly 200, with the promise of more, many more.   I run painting classes at conventions, you see.  And then my bestie gave me a pile of undead hobbits.  It seems the dead are calling to me. So, this seems the perfect time to finish those Catacombs of Terror figures, and the Upstream Game House figures, and my unfinished Warhammer Quest monsters, who are all undead allies for some reason. Which makes an army.    I already put everything in a tupperware. This should be similar time wise to demons, because Contrast-y painted skeletons are super fast and look great, and I can do meticulous painting on my Catacomb/Upstream figs then!  There is an extra month to clean and assemble, and I have tested the skeleton painting, and it is indeed super fast.  Surprise, surprise! 

Well, we will leave that in the future.  Cheers to another successful OWAC!  And Cheers to painting figs that will see the tabletop,  and more Cheers that some of these already have!

16 comments:

  1. Super weird and original chaos force, congrats on your second OWAC success! extra point for that picture of you! Looking forward to those undead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And also Cheers!
    They look suitably horrifying :)
    If pressed, I'd have to pick out Magnolia as my favourite - along with the backstories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I could never be bold enough to paint that colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your conversions and the colour scheme you chose. A very unique and impressive force. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thank you all for looking each month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work, Lissanne. You have upped the ante with that Oldhammer pose

    ReplyDelete
  8. extra my favorite Ninja Warrior Donatelo Ninja Turtle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful and really daemonic pink power! Congratulations for the great job and, again, a special mention for Ignatz's wing pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your very colorful chaos army!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb! As someone who also paints with more than one game/use in mind (normally D&D) I can really appreciate this approach. An absolutely unique force - you should be dead chuffed :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lamasu and sloth's abominations are my favorites. Cool paintings on all miniatures. I also like the background. Congrats on your 2019 owac.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone! And congratulations to all the other finishers! And Iannick for doing this despite a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Impressive army! I love the conversion work you did.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your army is one of my favorites from the challenge. I commented before that I love the way you dialed everything up to 11. A unique and very oldhammer-feeling army in that you took the original concepts and ran away with it, adding your own flair.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful work as always Lisanne! and that hair color is DIVINE!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog