Thursday, July 4, 2019

Sam's Savage Orcs - the one where despite my best efforts it was still all a bit savage (232.5 points)

So here we are the final painting entry. I made it... just about... with help from a few extra days. Shhh, no one will notice if we don't tell them...

This month was another banger. It all started out so well, I comfortably got 90% of the base layering done by about ten days in. But alas it just wasn't to be the smooth sailing I'd hoped for. A hectic on and off  work schedule with a sprinkling of overseas trips was compounded by the nighttime lamentations of the milk deprived. So all in all I ended up staring down the barrel of 16 base layered miniatures on the afternoon of June 30th. Well, needless to say if our glorious overlord hadn't provided his kind extension, I would have been forced to crash out at the last hurdle. But of course I didn't, so, on to the models.

This months entry was my largest model count wise, not exactly the sensiblest decision I made this challenge. My plan had been to split these up and do the lion's share of them in Feb and March, but the best laid plans rarely survive first contact aka shit happens, which left them to this month. The list:


- 1 x Savage Orc Boss, HW, shield (46 pts)

- 14 x Savage Orc's, HW, shield, standard (127.5 pts)

- 1 x Savage Orc Shaman (59 pts)

Total: 232.5 points

Dat guy over dere nicked my lunch, get 'im boyz

Wanna see me do a bat impreshun?

Da boyz geared up to fight lunch thieves

Group shot

As per usual these guys need some flock and grass tufts, which I'll do post varnishing. You might notice as well that the banner is missing, I'll also be adding this before the wrap-up post next (this?) month. I really need a weekend for some uninterrupted time to craft it.

Otherwise GG's everyone who made it. It's been uphill and down dale, but now we all have some fully painted sweet old skool armies to show for our efforts. So congratulations peoples, WE MADE IT!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!

Sam

6 comments:

  1. Good work in what sounds like a hectic month indeed! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at you - congratulations! I like the red on the shamans skull helmet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool crew of orcs!!! Congratulations on these.
    Sybou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work man! I've got a massive soft spot for these minis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really really oldhammer! The color choice, the base, the very models, everything shout oldhammer! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done!

    I'm a bit late to viewing and commenting on the entries -- I hope you've managed to get some rest! (And then back to painting! Haha!)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog