Thursday, July 4, 2019

Blue’s June ‘19 OWAC Submission: to the sound of the guns! (176pts)

Well here we are!  It’s remarkable to me that I actually made it thru the OWAC once again!  I’m not gonna lie...it was Very touch and go there for awhile.  So I’m very happy to here at the finish line and getting ready to take some quality pics of my completed army.

So despite the threats to paint some more Xbow dwarfs....at the last minute I shifted gears and went with some thunderers instead.  I’ve had five painted up to my current standard and I really wanted to expand that to a functional unit...so I opted to work up 9 additional handgunners to grow my unit to a tasty 14 strong unit. These are all figures from the excellent MM16 Marauder Thunderers range...all excellent figures and, IMO, some of the best dwarf sculpts ever...


Additionally, I decided to add a second swivel gun to my army.  The first is the classic Marauder Dwarf Swivel Gun...this second is from White Knight’s excellent range of puff and slash dwarfs (now owned and sold by TAG) I think it looks superb with the hand gunners!


So here they are! The handgunners and their swivel gun back up!









And here they are in their combined units with other non-OWAC figures




Points breakdown for June
9 Dwarf Handgunners with light armor and arquebus 126 pts
1 Dwarf Swivel Gun and Crew 50 pts
Total: 176 pts...a little light this month but enough to put me over the 1000 pt total

Next up! Group shots!!


Cheers,


Blue

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And perfect colors for July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! hadn't thought about that....true patriots these lads are.

      Delete
  2. Great to see you at the finish line, Blue! Those dwarfs are great; their firepower will surely be too much for my gobbos, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see a white pipe there too :)
    Top notch all round , really looking forward to seeing your army shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, those guys look fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Lads! I'm putting together my wrap up post right now with much better photography! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your painting is right-on, as always.

    I don't think I realized that WK did a swivel gun. I'll need one of those...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog