Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Mike's Mighty Dwarven Throng of Karak Blargh

Is it that time of year again already? Sadly I failed last years challenge in the final month as renovating our house seemed to take up all my valuable hobby time. But this year is going to be different, I'll be doing a good race for the first time in a challenge. I've did orc's, I almost finished chaos, now it's time to join the forces of order an do dwarves!


Clearly a organized war game with their Imperial allies.


I've been slowly building up a handful of dwarf units over the years and never got around to doing anything with them. I had plans years ago to do a dwarf army that had a loyal tribe of ogres as part of mighty army of Karak Blargh, and model in each unit a ogre. As always there was some other army project that took precedent, so I never got enough models to make it work. But with this challenge I can do something similar with the allies in the 4th edition army book and the units I've picked up the last few years.




So with some stressful searching I found almost all my missing collection, which oddly most of my dwarfs were in a box labeled blood bowl so it was only luck I found them. With a few online additions that will need some stripping and I have more than enough to start my force. Using the 4th edition rules I came up with the following 1750pt army.

Dwarf General with 2 handed weapon (runes of striking and fury), heavy armor (master rune of adamant and rune of stone) 258pts

Battle Standard with hand weapon, heavy armor and shield. Banner with rune of battle 127pts

Champion with hammer (master rune of flight and rune of might, heavy armor and shield (runes of iron and stone) 309pts

10 long beards with standard and musician 180pts

16 warriors standard and musician 208pts

10 crossbows with standard and musician, light armor and shield 180pts

8 miners with standard and musician 130pts

1 flame cannon (rune of disguise) 144pts

4 allied imperial ogres with light armor and 2 handed weapons 176pts

8 comments:

  1. Some nice old minis in that collection! Is that a gnome steam cannon lurking in the background?
    These will look impressive when they're all painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gnome steam cannon! It will be used as my flame cannon. It was a last minute eBay steal that I decided to throw in the army list

      Delete
    2. Nice! I think that may be winning the 'oldest mini in the challenge' title - 1984, I think.

      Delete
  2. looking forward to see this painted up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some collection there. Looking forward to seeing it painted in all it's glory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dwarves and Ogres is certainly an interesting mix. Good luck with this year's challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Looks like it'll shape up awesome. You've a model I've long wanted (the guy undercoated black in the front rank of the warriors - shapely beard), and you can't go wrong with those ogres. Looking forward to checking in on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice collection and mix! One day or the other I will assemble a dwarf force too!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog