Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Jeff McC's Wood Elves - FEB (200 Points)

February is complete, with a few days to spare!
This month I've Painted up the Glade Runners and the Wardancers

Glade Runners up first.  I didn't realize just how buff these elves are until I started getting into the paint.  I'm still not quite convinced I'm happy with the orange hood on the leader in the center, but I'm otherwise happy with the results.


 5 Glade Runners = 80 points

Wardancers next.  I'm not sure all of these models were originally intended to be wardancers, but I think they'll do the job nicely.

 6 Wardancers = 120 points


That's it until next month.  Just started a new job, so I'm not sure how painting time is going to align, but I'm a touch ahead of the power curve at the moment, so I'm hopeful I won't need my mulligan.

9 comments:

  1. Great work! Wardancers are a must-have for a Wood Elf army and these look super. Nice details on the shields too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the eyes! They look damn fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the orange overall scheme. Very autumn-like and different from the green wood elf armies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The autumn colours are very nice. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color palette and Wardancers. Best unit of Elves ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the kind words, they really help keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the orange hood looks good! Nice work all around.

    I'm running into the same thing with the wardancers. But as long as they look good as a unit (and yours do) I don't think it maters what the original label/intent of the figures was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the orange hood fits well with the Autumnal color scheme you are using, don't change it! The shields on the War Dancers are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely autumnal palette - nice work :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog