Monday, March 30, 2020

Brendan's Clan Moulder- Month 3 (240 points)

Month Three and the Swarm Continues to Gather


March completed and in the bag.  I'm feeling pretty good so far with what I have accomplished! Being that I am working on a clan Moulder theme I went back to my sturdy troop choice of giant rats instead of clan rats.



24 more giant rats completed for a total of 60 points!  I got smarter with these giant rats and I staggered them on one side of the base or the other where I could.  This way they would rank up better and not always have to contend with a tail in the face.

Next I moved on to their handlers, the ever trusty pack-masters for 40 points.



I bent an arm one direction or a whip another to attempt to give the illusion of different models.  I also ran out of pack-masters so don't look too closely at that guy on the right...

Finally I was able to repaint my favorite Skaven model of all time.  He was one of the first models I got when I was 12 and I hard an internal struggle if I should strip him and repaint him from his original paint scheme.  Eventually I convinced myself that he deserved to be brought up to my much better painting ability and repainted my Greyseer.  For the competition I will count him as a Warplock champion.



Warplock Champion 140 points.

For March my grand total came out to 240 points. Here they all are together:



And last but not least, the horde assembled from the last  3 months.  It is getting more difficult to take them all out of the case to photograph them each month.  But I guess that is a good thing!

11 comments:

  1. It's a veritable swarm already, and you're half way. Looking forward to the next months installment! Good job on the seer - hopefully you took some pics of your original paintjob for that reminisce value!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely greyseer! I am glad you redid it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I really like your Grey Seer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That army has a nice consistency. The grey seer is notable in all the right ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the huge swarms of rats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skaven contingent staying strong this year! Impressive stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay #teamskaven!
    Gnawdoom looks great - you did a super job bringing out the details in the figure.
    That new unit of rats really bulks out the army - it's looking formidable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gnawdoom is one of my all time favorite figures, whether WFB, "oldhammer" or anything else. You definitely did him justice! One of my favorite entries so far this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice ratz! You have quite a large force of well painted figs coming along there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great paint job! Really like your Gnawdoom figure. Looking forwards to seeing more

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog