Sunday, March 29, 2020

Glyn's Orc Waaaaggghhhhhh - The Boyz are back in town! (241.5 points)

'Guess who just got back today

Them wild-eyed boyz that had been away

Haven't changed that much to say

But man, I still think them orcs are crazy'

A clatter of steel, the clang of shield rims one heavily armoured and muscled mountains of green flesh and a feral roar of approval greated Balgagz orders. The big uns of Gorfangs Red Fang tribe swarmed behind Gorfang at whose growled command they surged forward....

So, thanks to the rats of Clan Pestilens, painting time has been much more readily available this month! 😳 As promised last month, I present you Gorfangs Big Un's. These guys are a mixture of the early 90's Citadel and Marauder orcs; spear welding orcs from the former Heartbreaker miniatures range (now available via RalPartha Europe); and the boss and standard figure from the Citadel range of the early 2000's. With the exception of the Marauder and latter minis, all from the fantastical mind and supremely talented hands of the immortal Kev Adams 🙌🙌


So, by rank..

The last of the front rank heavies! I might even make this guy my boss (in preference to the spear armed Marauder mini)





The second rank. From left to right as viewed, 4 x citadel and last one a Heartbreaker mini.




The third rank. 4th along is also Heartbreaker.




Rank 4


Rear rank


Got to say that I have really enjoyed painting up these guys. Tried to keep them earthy and dirty, using red or blue to add a splash of colour here and there to the minis. Below are a couple of group shots. The shields were added after these shots were taken. Group shot below



And so, this month I give you 241.5 points of big 'ard Orcy menace! 21 big uns armed with double handed weapons, light armour and shields at 11.5 points per mini. Added to the points for last months command minis (69) and Gorfang (90), a unit of 400.5 points.

Next months plan was to do 3 stone trolls......but with a concern about the level of blue and grey paint presently in stock, coupled with COVID - 19 seriously impeding my movements, I'm going for the a unit of 20 boyz inc. Boss, Std & Mus, with sword, LA & Sh for 195.5 points. I'll be making up the shortfall in points with a little something for our mighty overlord 😉🤔 



See you next time guys 👍💚

18 comments:

  1. Quite an impressive lot of well painted orcs! You are correct, it's a good time to paint more boyz next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lissanne, really appreciate you commenting.

      Delete
  2. Waaaaaarrrgggghhh!
    So iconic :) Hits me right in the memories - good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly where I was aiming for my friend 😉

      Delete
  3. Dems propa boyz. These look great. You're going to have quite a nice force soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. I'm glad you're liking them 👍

      Delete
  4. Very nice Waaagh you've got going there. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good looking unit! Great paintjob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie mille. Apprezzo molto il tuo commento. Spero che tu stia bene e stai al sicuro amico mio?

      Delete
  6. That's a whalloping great unit! Really like that mix of Citadel and Heartbreaker sculpts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for all the comments guys 😊 really appreciate them and I'm glad you are enjoying my offerings. I'm not in the same league as most if you, but I'll take a 'whalloping great unit' any day 👍😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive unit and the banner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Graeme. I really appreciate the love for the unit and the banner in particular. I really enjoyed painting it and so to see it is being enjoyed pleases me.

      Delete
  9. Classic figures, and I really like that banner! I agree -- that figure you're considering for your boss is really a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The picture doesn't quite do him justice. I'll try a few more pics for a later post to show him off a bit better

      Delete
  10. Nice greenies! Looking forward to further entries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol 😂 greenies! I hope my next entries meet you expectations 😏

      Delete

Search This Blog