Friday, March 27, 2020

Lissanne's Undead- We are the Dead (558pts)


First up this month, another unit of skeletons, and another bit of terrain in back, which takes care of the mandatory points.  They have different shields than the other painted unit.  Skeletons are cool!  More skeletons are more cool!


Then, I found the mystery bag in my figurine room.  Surprise! A bag o' undead horses and a carrion, plus some others


Immediately, I got distracted and painted the carrion.  Here it is.


And then I painted 2 of those horses.  Alas, what I haven't found is most of the undead riders.  If I can find them (or cobble them up), more will be painted.  So 2 death riders on Ral Partha undead horses.



Back to my personal goals: One, to finish the unpainted Karr-Kell zombies by challenge end  This month we have a death rider and 3 zombies
Death Rider viking



Zombie Sword Swallower



Zombie Night Watch (where I tried for a bit of lighting effect)




And a zombie Chainsaw Goblin



And my second goal to finish the WQ Catacombs of Terror minis by challenge end   This month I painted the two tomb guardians, who in this army are Level 15 heros to lead skeleton units. I tried something with the bases that wasn't worth the time, but looks nice.  Carden is in the red, Charlotte Greenlaw in the green.



Plus a little cutie skull bomb thrower I found, I'll make him an L5 hero [Nicodemus]to command the 3rd skeleton unit.  Skeletons and zombies seem to need to be directed in WF.


And for good measure, 16 WQ bats.  I tried something with the bases that didn't work at all, and will have to rethink it.   (I plan on doing a wraith host, so I don't think both will count, but they are only 2pts each)  I'll subtract their points from the wraith host later on.


The forces of Dirge rising up in earnest and spreading pestilence, plague & fear throughout the land...
20 Skeleton Unit (20 shields, 10 spears) 230 pts
2 Tomb Guardians (Hero 15)                 85 pts each (170 pts)
Carrion                                                   45pts
3 Death Riders  light armor                   23pts  (69 pts)
3 Zombies                                              12 pts
16 bats                                                   2pt each- (32pts)
Total this month                       ............558pts

And the whole army after 3 months- [already 1000pts and playable, I think.]
I also found and painted the bolt thrower for my undead rhino plague cart! Hooray!


Next month- yet more skeletons, continuing my personal goals, plus other extras!

12 comments:

  1. Wait...you have a figurine room? Living large in NJ! Awesome work as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half a pantry in the basement. Everything is up in tupperware or plastic to keep it safe from water and wood. It also keeps it safe from being seen unless I open the tupperware or bag. Thus, the mystery bag.

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of undead. Looking great as always. Keep em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!..busy month. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! And I thought my 25 Dark Elves for this month was going to be a lot of figs to paint...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lissanne!! You've been a tad busy!! How do you output so much in one month? I share Ratwigs comment.....i thought I'd done well with my 21 orcs this month.... But you've smashed it out of the park. Its looking great 👍👌😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before I started the challenge, I figured out a way to do skeletons fast and with little thinking. Black wash, prime unbleached titanium, use skeleton horde contrast, dry brush lightly with titanium, and touch up with skeleton horde. Notice most of the figs are- skeletons! Everything else is detailing. And the bats were also done with contrast. So it is super fast. The zombies, however, are NOT fast. So I spend a lot of time on them. And I just ordered another container of skeleton horde :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quality and quantity!? How do you do it! Really lovely mix of old lead again too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a huge lot of minis; each an excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all! And really, I couldn't paint skeletons well at all until I figured out this method. That's why all these figs were languishing in the miniature pantry. Now they are ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeebus, that's like over half the challenge points in one month!

    In particular, I really like the paint on the Karr-Kell and carrion figures! And those two Catacombs figures too.... Great work again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Really, the Undead points are a little weird. Things that are easy to paint are loads of points, and things that are hard to paint are few points. The other armies I've done, the points and difficulty to paint seem to match more closely. Or is it me?

      Delete

Search This Blog