Tuesday, April 28, 2020

AdamH’s fine upstanding rat-warriors – [213.5 Points]

“How are you liking your new home-box? Are your cells mates keeping you up at night? Oh that smelly green one? I don’t know his name, he doesn’t speak-speak much, I only know that he used to lead some smelly group of brutish Orcs, called the winter tribe or something, I think…

It doesn’t really matter though, just like them your furless race is soon to be gone bye-bye.”

A few more Gutter Runners make an appearance this month, they are the unit I am using to bulk out the points and I think you will see why I needed to do that at the end of the post.



So next up we have a new unit! The only unit in the army to feature non-rusted armour in fact. My force’s leader’s own bodyguards, the Stormvermin!



So, there is quite a lot different on these guys than the rest of the army. As I said above they have non-rusted armour and weapons which is mostly unique in my army (the Gutter Runners don’t really have armour but their weapons are clean). On top they have white (but a dirty-white) cloth. Finally their skin and fur are black/grey. Altogether I was going for a distinct but still unified look that doesn’t look out of place among the other units. I would be keen to hear if you think I succeeded?

Finally, we have the unit that I have been dreading the most, Skaven Slaves… why might you ask? Well mainly because the ten models you see below weigh in at a mighty 27.5 points! Considering that they are a useful re-directer unit and a very flavourful one for Skaven, you normally want at least a few units of them in an army. However the thought of painting 40+ models for less than 100 points wasn’t one I was looking forward to. Therefore, I am targeting a more reasonable single unit of 25 over the challenge and have started with the ten you see below:



To summarise, this month’s entry is:

Stormvermin x10, Halberds, Shields (Inc. Standard and Musician) [144]

Skvenslaves x10 (Inc. Musician) [27.5]

Gutter Runners x3, Additional Hand Weapons, Throwing Stars [42]

Total – 213.5 points


I’m pretty happy with managing to paint 23 models in a month, certainly a record for me. I think I will take a bit of a break next month and paint some high point models and maybe a few slaves. Hope everyone in the challenge and watching along at home is staying safe and healthy.

All hail the horned rat!

12 comments:

  1. Another great month for the vermin. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the models look wonderful! The storm vermin stand out! It helps, because I am unfamiliar with the skaven models, and it makes it easier to tell what unit it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice rats! Love to see units come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! I like the clean armor on the Stormvermin, after all what's the point of skaveslaves if you haven't got them cleaning your kit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding!
    It is a lovely sight to see - in really liking forward to seeing them all together in the last month. The stormvermin look great. The white and the banner are excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive units, and I love the blue robes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are painfully good. I don't know how you make dirty brown so clean and bright! Exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge credit to you to be turning out such a high calibre of Skaven every month. Absolute top class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goddamnit, you capture Ol' Grog, the tribal pisshead! They'll be a reckonning, Ugg was rather fond of him.

    Lovely paint jobs as usual, looking forward to seeing them on the opposite side of the table

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Skaven continue to impress! I love the look of the stormvermin too. Very clean compared to the rest of the rat rabble. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're doing #teamskaven proud with this month's contribution - great job!
    I really like that slave unit. The colour scheme is spot-on with the washed out colours and rust. I feel your pain on the low points cost. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get started with mine soon. Looking forward to seeing you build this unit up to 25 - it's going to look really impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog