Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Robert's Slayers stuck with no slaying? Time to drink (March 353 pts)

March was a fun month. I was lucky enough to be able to drive to my new place of work/residence and were were able to move into our house before the great lock down of 2020. This month I decided to get my orange on in the way of some Troll Slayers. This was a fun batch to paint as I was able to include not one but two of the Dwarf Lords of Legends in the unit. The fun part about the Troll Slayers is I am able to include more than one hero/champion in the unit so it worked out well.


With lots of orange on my mind I painted up the basic Slayers to get a feel for how I was going to do their magnificent hair. Once they were done I was able to concentrate on my two legends.

First rank with the Legends

                                                                      Second rank

 Kimril Giantslayer

 Throbin Death Eye

The points breakdown for this months entery is:
8 Troll Slayers w/light armor & Double handed weapons 96 pts
2 Troll Slayer Doomseekers w/light armor & Double handed weapons 108 pts

With a bit of spare time on my hands and knowing that my son is wanting to play 4th edition I knew I wanted to paint up some hero's. So to go along with the theme of Slayers for the month I painted up Gotrek and Felix.


I think for OWACIII I am going to use these guys as follows:
Gotrek is a Troll Slayer Fate Quester (Level 10 hero) w/light armor & Double handed weapon 92 pts
Felix the expelled Baronen of Altdorf (Level 10 hero) w/light armor & sword 57 pts

This brings the months total to 353 points. I had a lot of fun painting Gotrek and Felix. Both sculpts have a lot of personality to them.

Till next time. Be safe and drink like a dwarf.

Mead, bring me another!
Oh how the axes fell and the winter is around the corner, so much snow but not here. 
Trees fell and giants lumbered. 
Crack, whip and thud. 
Oh ho ho, how my belly laughs rumbled Drun of the Frost Giant clan.
Whip, crack and thump. 
As the giant sagged under a dropped boulder with snapped branches and weathered leaves.
Hi ho, the mighty has fallen, ho ho for another skull of mead.

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful unit! Colors are vibrant and really remind the old good times. A proper slayer unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. First time doing orange so bright.

      Delete
  2. I love Slayers! (I have so many) and it is great seeing a wonderfully painted Gotrek and Felix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotrek & Felix were a must this month for me.

      Delete
  3. Another great job - clean and bright. Knocking it out the park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was not sure I was making them bright enough.

      Delete
  4. Great job - especially Kimril and Throbin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am slowly working my way through the legends.

      Delete
  5. Glorious and vibrant colors...excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking slayer band, I’ve been struggling to find a Gotrek and Felix at an affordable price myself

    ReplyDelete
  7. agree with all of the above...these are all excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those slayers are killer! (sorry, sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent work on the psycho stunties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the different beard colors. It adds even more character, something I didn't think was possible with the slayer models. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely selection of slayers and I love the stripped pants. The flesh tones and faces are well done also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely paint jobs. Slayers aren't slayers without stripey pants! Love the paint job on Kimril in particular

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work again. Nice clean painting and Kimril is such an iconic Oldhammer figure to me -- you really nailed the paint on him!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog