Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Lissanne's Undead- Zombie Helper! (637pts)


Three Cheers for my third successful OWAC!

In my original planning, I had found 3 wraiths to be used for zombie helper, as zombies are only 4pt models.  They represent 3 former head priests of  temples Dirge the lich destroyed.  I almost didn't need them for points though, but they were a good backup.

Finally! the Catacomb of Terror WQ figures are done, except for a 0pt podium which I will do next month.  Hooray!  Here is Leopold, a L10 necromancer, and his trusty zombie friend Igor.
 


After last month's problem with the horse and rider that didn't fit, here is the beleagured courier, the star of the Karr-keel rider set on the burnt horse.  The bright colors look better there than the bandito would have! 




And here is the bandito who looks great on the death white horse, so win-win!  So two more death riders



Three Zombies of Karr-Keel were finished too, the drummer, the trumpeter, and the sign boy. Monthly goal done. Do zombies even have musicians?  Well, mine do.
 



I also finished the remaining OSM marginalia, so there are 4 beastmen, and a pair of camp followers.  The bagpipe rabbit doesn't count because it joined my bunny beastmen unit. Here they are with original marginalia.  Unit done!
Donkey vs Snail


Snail knight



Satyr with pig head on butt


and the camp followers


And a surprise-
  
While looking for more skeleton riders, and finally organizing my figure pantry, I found the other wing to my skeleton dragon!. (But no skeleton riders yet)  So here is Bonecrusher, the skeletal dragon, my big zero point extra of the month.  In 3rd edition WF, it matches absolutely nothing, so zero points.  And having gotten a bit damaged, it needed care and conversion. But another long time lurker finished!





So:


3 wraiths `(150pts each)  450pt
4 beastmen 40 pts
2 Death riders (light armor) (23pts each) 46pts
Leopold-Necromancer level 10       85 pt
4 zombies  4 pts each, 16 pts
Bonecrusher, the undead dragon   0 pts
Total 637 pts

As Dirge's forces move inexorably towards the temple, Leopold the Necromancer raises the undead dragon Bonecrusher from the grave.  The citizens of the city flee in panic!  The temple is hers!  Victory!

This is not the finish for me though.  I still have some Karr-Keel zombies, a death rider and many hobbit zombies to go. So next month as many zombies as I can paint, and likely a big zero point extra!
See if you can guess what it is! (sneak pic)


10 comments:

  1. Nice work all around. I think the dragon is my favorite, even if he is zero points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The death riders are still disgusting in that good way yo. Leopold's sword looks particularly striking. And the dragon - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent work! and the Zombie dragon is super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! I was very happy to find the pieces to the dragon after all these years. So difficult to assemble, even with modern glue! It was impossible for me when I got it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Lissanne! How do you manage to get through so much in one month?! I am loving that dragon, such a shame he's no points but nonetheless he is wonderful! Cant wait to see the whole rotting horde together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The reason I have so many skeletons around is I never could paint them satisfactorily. Then skeleton horde contrast paints. I am on my second container. That combined with traditional drybrush and detail. I mix my own contrast with matte medium usually, but I wanted a uniform look for this group. Works well on zombies as a glaze too. But skeletons are sooooo fast now. And llok better than I have ever managed before.-

      Delete
  6. Impressive zombie command and the cavalry. Hope we see all the horde put together, including things like the dragon albeit it is worth no points.

    I'm also struggling to resist and not painting some marginalia too. The justing snail-knights of the last month and this snail knight are quite charming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Figure Pantry" sounds so much more genteel than Lead Pile!

    Massive congratulations on a third completed OWAC - that is no small accomplishment! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog