Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Brendan's Skaven Post for Month 5! (192 points)

Clanrats Go!


I spent this month bulking out my Skaven clanrat unit.  11 more Skaven completed for a total of 92 points. 


I would also like to thank Grame from this group as he showed and shared some Skaven banner outlines that he used and I liked!  So I made sure to copy what he did when I got around to my standard bearer for this unit.



Most of my work this month went into designing a movement tray for the models.  I started to slowly elevate the back rows so that I could safely put my fearless leader behind where all the action was taking place like a proper Skaven general.


And here you can see what they look like when they are coming after you!


I made a custom stand for my general in case he left the safety of the clan rats.  


And here is is sitting up on his hill:


I then remembered I needed more points, so I painted another rat swarm to continue with the Clan Moulder Theme (100 points).


And finally about 1000 points of my army so far!  It was a lot of fun to take them all out for a photo shoot!

8 comments:

  1. Great looking skaven, almost makes me wish I had metal skaven to paint up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoosh! Look at them all! Such a good feeling when there all based up on a matching movement tray - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you clever bastard, inspired work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Standard is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving your basing work! What a very good , simple and yet wonderfully effective idea! love your colour theme across the army.....i can almost smell the musk from here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like your dark tones as always. Love the basing idea with multiple layers overlapping also the edge of the tray, clever solution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea for the elevated base and a lovely looking unit all round. 2020 really has been the year of the OWAC Rat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vermin tide has risen!
    Well done! You've done #teamskaven proud again. Good work on the banner - it worked out really well and fits the rest of the army perfectly.
    What an awesome sight seeing everything together!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog