Friday, May 29, 2020

Andrea's Teclis & retinue (219 points)

Hi guys, 
this month has been quite busy but I managed to reach the end!

I am particularly happy because this month includes, among the others, the mighty Teclis (here in disguise as a 1st level mage). It is among the first miniatures I owned and it remained painted with enamel until the last summer (not very simple decoloring...). I opted for the classic colour scheme, which also fits to the other mage of this army (March post). Needless to say, it was a pure joy to paint it: a very fine sculpt with a lot of details and incredibly characterful. I hope you all enjoy the result, as I do!


The retinue of Teclis is made by two nice Shadow Warriors units. Back in the days, when I played the 4th/5th edition, Shadow Warriors were basically ignored by all High Elves players of my gaming club. I never understood why, because I find them very cool (four of them were bought together with Teclis, more than 20 years ago). Now, I own ten of them and divided in two units: after all, they are scouts and scouts work better in small units.

So, here's the first unit (mysteriously known as "the white shields")


And here's the second unit (enigmatically called "the blue shields")


Last but no the least in the Teclis' retinue, a deadly Repeater Bolt Thrower (the second of this army). I selected a different colors for helm feathers, the sash and accessories, to distinguish from the other one (just in case I manage to play a game...).


 Well, this month points: Teclis (as 1st level mage) 59 pts + 10 Shadow Warriors (two units x5 elves each) 110 pts + a Repeater Bolt Thrower 50 pts. Total = 219 points!


 So, the last month is approaching and I prepared a few changes to the original army list, with some replacements and a couple of additions. Stay tuned!

Ciao, Andrea

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Teclis and great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic work! loving your colour scheme and the obvious logic to your army choices. I confess to being nostalgically 'turned' to considering a 'small' elf force! :-O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on Teclis- the model brings back some childhood memories :) looking forward to seeing them all together next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Teclis will make an awesome focal point for the army.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Teclis and nice job on those Shadow Warriors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Teclis. Like the light variations and details to distinguish between both units of shadow warriors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Teclis and you did a splendid job on him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely agree re: Shadow Warriors being overlooked so lovely to see some painted up. Classic work on Teclis! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Real nice and classic looking, good stuff

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog