Monday, June 1, 2020

Adrian's May göblindammerung (201 points)


-I think someone is following us...

Jeeesh what a month. I never, ever, paint such amount of miniatures so fast. Well, I didn't start until 15th, I could say that's May bad *drum roll*. I've used every speed painting trick in the book with these units and... I quite loved it.

For most of these goblins I used a combination of light dry brushing with glazes. The base colour is my usual classic VMC german red brown. Instead of going for a light with white or bone, I used GW dorn yellow. One dry brush, one glaze, rinse and repeat. 
So here we are:





17x Goblins
Light armour + spear + javelin + shields
Banner and musician
[69 points]



Punks not dead.




The banner is based in a local fanzine, following the punk theme. I felt that the drawing and the phrase were perfect for this rabble of small troublemakers.


Commanding this unit, the real hero



ser Gitfried (Hero lvl 10)
Light armour + two handed weapon
[32 points]




10x Goblin stikkas
Short bow
[35 points]

I am now afraid to open a box or move a book and discover that there are still more goblins to paint, hidden somewhere.

While glazing several helmets and reddish clothes, I discovered the unnatural tone I wanted for the troll skin of the last month but unfortunately ended in a pinkish-skin. So now that I made the correct combination, I repated all the steps with the last troll of the unit.
Following the endless horde of goblinoids

1x Troll
but also, a gentleman
[65 points]

I never figured that I would have liked the end result of speed painting techniques, but I do. Probably I am also a bit afraid of strip the paint and start all over again...




- I love goblin green. I lo..

Nah, joke. As said, I enjoyed painting the horde, and love that their clothes are a bit ragged but not too dirty. Pretty fast, dry brush is not too harsh, the workflow is not too complicated beside the glazing steps involved. Definitely I will use it with the skaven lot, or any future horde project.

Next month, some random guys from the lead pile and the final terrain piece for the recap!


Adrian's out!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my Gork, what a lot of goblins! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooooooooaaahhh! That's a lot of little green guys! I love the hero with his impossible sword and hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great. Love the little green guys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gobbos, and really nice shield work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's about finding the right technique for the job at hand, and these look great at the end of it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent gobbos! Inspiration for when I start painting mine again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those old goblin models are just brimming with character and you managed to keep that even with the speed painting technique. Great job to do so many so well!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog