Monday, December 21, 2020

Blue's Boar Boyz...Here we go again!!

 Hi All,

It's me Blue! ...how you doin'?!  Fucked up world we're livin' in eh? 

Well...in a world full of uncertainty, it is nice to have something constant and dependable...

...Thank the Maker for the OWAC!! 

After taking a season off I'm back for my third OWAC...and I'm chomping at the bit to get started.  

In the first OWAC I worked on a small army of Jess Godwin Wood Elves...and they turned out to be some of my all time favorite miniatures...something I never thought I'd say about sneaky elves...

For OWAC II (son of OWAC) I returned to my roots and worked on elements of my Puff and Slash Dwarf Army.  Again it was a hard slog but I came out the other end with a very nice little force that I was glad to get on the table.

I took a pass on OWAC III (OWAC strikes back) as my hobby priorities were in a different place at the start of 2020.  I was beginning to work toward a March 2020 deadline of hosting a WFB 3rd edition siege game at the Cold Wars gaming convention.  

...as you might imagine that convention did not end up happening...nor did any convention since! So...I missed out on OWAC III but I was spent the remainder of my Quarantime "training" for OWAC IV (OWAC rides again, again) by painting up masses and masses of Goblin wolf riders.


 ...yeah... yeah ...I get it...sorry...you're probably sick of hearing about it...

Anyway, for OWAC IV I will continuing to work toward my goal of a (nearly) entirely mounted Greenskin army...by Painting up a mass of Orc Boar Riders. For this force I will be focusing on the Marauder Boar Riders that were released in the 3rd edition.  There are a few minor conversions and few citadel orcs have snuck in as well...for boars I'll be using mostly Marauder boars, but I will also be mixing in a few of the Boars produced by Clam as part of his Ewal Dvergar range...(more on them in a future post).

BLUES OWAC IV BOAR BOYZ ARMY LIST

Note: in two instances I will be incorporating some previously painted Boar Boyz into the units I'm painting...they have not been included in the points values presented.

The Boar Rider Force will be led by a Lvl. 20 Orc General mounted on a Boar with barding...and he travels with his standard bearer and trusted body guard (4-Snortas).  (284pts)


Unit of 10-Snortas with spears, including Standard and Lvl 10-Hero (3 painted) (310pts)


Unit of 10-Gruntas with hand weapons including Standard and Lvl 10-Hero (330pts)

Unit of 10-Gruntas with Bows including standard and Lvl 10-Hero (2 painted) (280pts)


 Army Total: 1,204 pts

To this I will add a few special things if I'm able to fit them into the tight time schedule.

For offering I will be redoing the skin on this Goblin with the new recipe and sending him north of the boarder to Iannick.


Alright ya'll...lets do this!

Once more into the Breech my friends!!!

Cheers,

Blue

8 comments:

  1. Yessss! As a Wood Elves player it is good to have "something" to trainning some archery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered when you would get around to boar riders :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy moley guacamole, that's a lot of furry boars!
    Good luck with the stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  4. some real classics in there. you’re going to have an amazing marauder o&g army at the end of this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! This will be a nice horde of boar riders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More Greenskins painted by Blue - yes please!

    Best of luck buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All mounted division! I looove it

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog