Monday, December 21, 2020

Mariano´s intro post - The Halls of the spring

In the depths of the forest, where no man ever ever stepped in, was the Spring of Lawën. Only the oldest elves knew the legend that accompanied the place...

“When the great forest does not wake again with the rays of dawn, when spring does not bloom anymore at the King’s Glade, when the end comes to Athel Loren… The halls of the spring will be reopened and the elven people of ancient times will dance to melodies of hunting" 

Hi, my name is Mariano and from the first day I started to play Warhammer one of my dreams has been to have a fully painted Wood Elves army  

 
(Mike McVey was declared guilty for all the charges). 

 

On previous OWAC I was involved on other painting projects and I wasn´t able to join it but as soon as I readed a new OWAC was searching for new participants I leave my painting schelude free on the first semester of 2021. And here I am, 27 years later trying to achieve my objetive,to have a fully painted Wood Elves army. 

Right now I have a small force ready to fight: 


 





  So, in order to grow up my army, I´m goint to paint as much infantery as I can. The list: 

10 Glade runners (16) 160                                                                            

Total: 160 

9 Lord´s bowmen (12) Musician and statandard bearer (24) Light armour (2) 1 Hero N5 (48) Two handed weapon (2) + Long bow (3) + Light armour (2)                            

Total: 209 

9 Lord´s bowmen (12) Musician and statandard bearer (24) Light armour (2) 1 Hero N5 (48) Long bow (3) + Light armour (2) + Shield (2)                                                               

Total: 208 

 19 Warrior kinbands (9) Musician and statandard bearer (18) Spear (1) + Light armour (2) 1 Hero N5 (48) Two handed weapon (2) + Heavy armour (3)                                       

Total:305 

19 Warrior kinbands (9) Musician and statandard bearer (18) Light armour (2) 1 Hero N5 (48) Two handed weapon (2) + Heavy armour (3)                                                      

Total: 284 

 Total points: 1166 

The miniatures to be painted... 


 
So they are ready. C´mon and let sing together the marching song ‘Revenge is all around’ (As everybody knows, Wet Wet Wet copied an ancient wood elves song to create his biggest hit ‘Love is all around’) 

Lets everybody sing the marching song ‘Revenge is all around’ (As everybody know, Wet Wet Wet copied an ancient elves song to create his biggest hit ‘Love is all around’)

You feel it in your boughs
You feel it in your roots
The fear is all around you
And so the feeling grows
It’s written on the wind
It’s everywhere on the woods
So if you really love the wellspring (of Lawën)
Come on and wake up now
You know it’s magic, it has always being
The Queen has came you know that feel
There’s no beginning, there’ll be no end
‘Cause on your strength we can depend
I see your face before me
As I lay on my dreams
You cannot get still
After all the things they did
You gave your promise to me and I gave mine to you
I need someone beside me for the revenge I want to do
You know I need you, I always will
My mind’s broken up by the pain that I feel
There’s no beginning, there’ll be no end
‘Cause on revenge we can depend
You feel the pain it is growing
It’s written in the wind
Oh you know what I need
So if you really really love me,
Come on and wake up you now,
Come on and wake up you now,
Come on and fight,
Come on and fight,
Come on and wake up you now,
Come on and fight,
Come on and fight,
Come on and wake up you now,
Come on and wake up you now,
Come on and wake up you now.

 

 The tribute...

 


 

8 comments:

  1. Some awesome painting right there! Such great work on the offering, I love the face especially.

    Welcome to the madness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work! Looking forward seeing your entries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome offering! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some top shelf stuff! Awesome - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool project...Mike McVey and Jess Goodwin are clearly villains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Troggs are going to be "Wild Things" about the whole Wet Wet Wet thing.

    Nice painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure humans has stolen so many elves songs...

      Delete
    2. Be sure humans have stolen so many elves songs...

      Delete

Search This Blog