Wednesday, December 30, 2020

JoshD's followers of Khaine

Hi. My name's JoshD and this is my first OWAC and I'm full of nooby energy. I'll be bringing a force of Dark Elves. Acolytes of the bloodyhanded one.


It's been a long journey since I got that copy of Milton Bradley's Battle Masters in the early 90s.


Sitting on the floor pushing that awful colored plastic, hoping the cannon didn't blow up in my face or laughing gleefully as the ogre smashed through knights.

My first real army was the Undead, brought on by an initial purchase of the first box of plastic skeletons.


My friends and I had massive battles with rank after rank of troops with the greatest being Nagash vs a Verminlord at close to 4000 pts a side. As hobbies do, they got put to the side for a while and then eventually sold. 😢

But after several starts and stops I'm back again. 

Today I'm bringing another army I wanted to collect back in the day (well we wanted them all didn't we), the Dark Elves of Naggaroth. 


Here they are in all their chunky metal goodness.


A Dark Elf General on a Coldone 170


That has fallen out of his saddle.


A Sorcerer and A Master Sorcerer leading the 15 blackguard with full command 99+219+270



20 spearmen with full command  with assigned Bolt thrower 252+100


Behind generalisimo el caido


14 crossbow men  with assigned Bolt thrower 182+100



and 5 cold one knights with a champion 252

On the right, also drunkly out the saddle.


All for 1644, if I've done my math right... which is dubious. A touch over the 1000 recommended, but since this is the core of a new force I wanted to put together something I could actually field.

Also this is my first blog... ever... and I hope to make it a good one but you've been warned.

As my contribution to the Overlord I have dusted off my salamanders and pulled out a faithful sergeant that goes back far enough to be considered Oldhammer.


And finally... all praise the Overlord , for he is wise and just and praise be to the blessings he bestoweth.

11 comments:

  1. Alright! Another Dark Elf entry! I'm not the only one like in OWAC III. Nice army!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to see more elves, even dark ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely figure, didn't have a Salamander yet!

    I'm digging your army, its well put together as a core force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking army dude, I look forward to putting the survivors to work in the hell pit

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks great. Good luck with your first challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elfin' hell!
    Good luck with them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.i like biting off more than I can chew. 😁

      Delete
  7. Glorious! I always wanted a Dark Elf army back in the Nineties, but good lord that all-metal* range was a challenge on a pocket money budget. I shall be living vicariously through your work on this one.

    * - don't pretend those sword and board infantry count, everything one actually WANTED was full metal and we all know it.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog