Monday, July 26, 2021

AdamH's Tyranids - In the jungle, welcome to the jungle! [Wrap-up post]

Well, that’s it, another challenge is in the bag. I think like a lot of challengers I find that the work I get done during these six months are by far the most productive I am throughout the year, and in fact since joining the OWAC three years ago I have painted more models than the previous 25 years in the hobby.

Anyway, here is my ugly face and my even uglier kitchen (we have recently moved, it is getting re-modelled soon), both of which I have tried to offset by the inclusion of my fluffy painting companion:


So the thing I like most about this army is the cohesive nature of it all, I feel it really does look like a swarm and despite the various bright colours they all seem to work together:


I am also shocked with how many I managed to get done, out pacing my original goals and the overlord’s minimum requirements:


I still have plenty more Nids in the box awaiting painting, I may do them for a future OWAC as it would be nice to have a fuller force and be able to field all of the available units:


So what about next year I don’t hear you ask; well I haven’t 100% decided but I am leaning heavily towards a sexy group of demon ladies. However, I do have several other forces in dire need of painting: Chaos Dwarfs, 2nd Ed Necrons, more Skaven, more Brets, and of course more Nids. I think I will mull it over until the end of the year however will continue prepping all of the forces just in case one of them takes my fancy.

But until then my dear readers, I hope you have enjoyed this year’s challenge as much as I know all of us have. And Sam, I’m coming for you buddy! your puny Arnie rejects are going to be biomass soon enough!

17 comments:

  1. One of my favourite of this OWAC, I love the cohesiveness of it all, the great basing and the colours. Top work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your nids and the armorcast biotitans were the crowning touch! Watch 'em bring you to your shanananananana knees, knees! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I like this army and the Tyranidog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work! The color scheme you picked turned out wonderfully, and I love the armorcast models! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow. They're perfectly cohesive and the basing is great. I want read a battle report with these lads. Especially dig the biotitans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way the bright basing compliments the bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well they certainly garb you by the eye sockets and shake you, well done for completing the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how they look all together. Bases work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fab army dude and lovely doggo (you look hideous as always :p). You best get some kind of giant sized suitcase to fit those biotitans in and get your chops over here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From now on, one of my favourite tyranid armies! Outstanding selection of classic colours and neat application, the blue and red made the big guys pop-up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Again, echoing the others here, this was one of my favourites to watch come together. So bright and the bases, oh the bases! Everything is so unified and the blue mutation colour is a great touch. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, just lovely. The lustrous coat, shiny nose and gorgeous eyes. What a fine hound! I guess the Tyranids look nice too 😉

    Seriously though, I absolutely love your swarm and the scheme you went with. From the biggest bio-tank to the smallest Termagant, they look fantastic - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous, love that bold red and the blue accents, and those bases are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done! The colour palette on these is spot on. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. man that is stunning! so vibrant and bright...like good xenos! cute pooch too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic force, seething mass of space bugs. The bright striking colours, the colour transitions, the organic nmm, the jungle bases, all result in a striking army. Every entry was a delight to behold. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Extra points for the dog! Simply stunning to behold (this time I mean the army not the dog). COngratulations

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog