Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Mariano´s Wood Elves - Glade raiders (Sister of Thorn) - 240 pts

Rank and File month #I


Mounted witch elves? No,  Sisters of thorns


Not to be out on the fisrt month - Objective accomplished!!! 

I´m back with my Wood Elves army. After last OWAC my hype was so high and after 6 months my hype still on the top so I´m totally focus on finish my WE army.

On December. I spent a few weeks biulding my miniatures for this OWAC and my first impresion was that I could add some witch elves to give me more models variety to the army.  Here you have a catalogue pic:

The originals ones before they desert Dark Elves
 army and join the Wood Elves army

They were built to be giant hawk riders but before the end of December I was reading some stories about Wood Elves, looking for inspiration, and I saw the Sister of Thorns, they were perfect! So I modify, again, the miniatures trying to adapt them to be horse riders. I have a pic before primming them

And here you have the result 








What have I done this month...?


6 Glade Riders with light armour, musician and standard bearer - 240 points

240 on the month.

240 for the total.

And this is all for the first month. Hop
e you like them

15 comments:

  1. Oh, these are perfect. The glowing eyes alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I have witch elves and horses too,,,hmm.. LOVE these! Team woodelf is rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive painting skill? Check
    Awesome conversion? Check
    Chainmail bikinis? Check

    We have a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely, Mariano. Great idea to convert the Witches, and they fit in with the Wood Elf aesthetic so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work! The posing of the legs is so natural you wouldn't know they once had big mail skirts between them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! I'm not fond of these witch elves, but you made an amazing job with them. And good luck with the horses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great start! Nice conversions and those intense greens pop! Lovely unit!
    You're setting the bar very high for the rest of us Wood Elf painters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - superb! Sisters of the Thorn - never heard of them but love the name. Perfect conversions and beautiful as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best conversions are the simplest. These are great and effective conversions :) keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely fantastic, from inspiration, to concept, to execution, and of course the final paint job. First class.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent job all around! Excellent conversion work, and as always your painting is 🔥!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've done stirling work with these girls, well done

    ReplyDelete
  13. super work! I really love the conversion and the paintjob!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog