Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Stephen's Songs of the Damned - Rank and File #4 (230 points) - "Last Things"

Constative voices preach
Talk of truth in their political speak
Carry on 'til they're blue in the face
And my point of view has lost its place

Last things

Did I give nothing in return?
Stand up for a cause?
Give permission to a mute war?

4-3-2-4-2-Code-1!

Troops move forward let it all be done
Beginning of the end soil has been tread
Mother daughter father son sky burns death
Premonition, television, stuttering indecision
We the people citizens lies are being force-fed
Money power cruelty blood is shed in our streets

When
where 
does the sacrifice end?

KMFDM
"Last Things"
WWIII
Metropolis Records 2003



Here I am, at the end of my first Old World Army Challenge, which has definitely lived up to its name - it's really been a challenge to maintain enough of a painting cadence to meet the monthly entry deadlines.  This has been a great experience, and I feel like I've made strides as a painter during the last six months, and started breaking out of my comfort zone in the hobby. 

So, without further ado, here are the "Wandering Kin," a team of Eldar Scouts who have returned from their sojourns to aid Ulthwe' in a desperate hour.  


The Wandering Kin

To achieve a similar look as the Scouts in the codex, at least for the cloaks, I did what felt like a ton of glazing, probably for the first time applying this much to a unit of models, and I think they came out pretty close to the studio scheme - my transitions are definitely not as smooth, but it's a start.  


Lantari Wind-Strider with their power sword


Morrovan Starglade


Celasya, Watchful Eye of Kurnous


Osuhyn Rune-Touched

And with that, only one thing remains, the final army assembled - I am hoping to get an appropriate terrain layout together to set things up for the photos.

10 Scouts, 1 with Power Sword - 230 points

230 points for June 2022 (1,410 points painted)


June Playlist (some of the music from my painting sessions this month):

Love and Rockets - "The Dog-End Of A Day Gone By"
Spittin' Cobras - "All The Way"
Chris Cornell - "Preaching The End Of The World"
Dead Can Dance - "Don't Fade Away"
Leonard Cohen - "Dance Me To The End Of Love" (Kate Gibson cover)
Blur - "To The End"
Pailhead - "Man Should Surrender"
VNV Nation - "Endless Skies" 
Nitzer Ebb - "All Over"
Chris Connelly and The Bells - "The Long Weekend"


Bonus Content - someone decided she wanted to be extra-helpful:


5 comments:

  1. Great camo! And I'm a sucker for a wargaming cat, most of my Warhammer games have been "enhanced" by my friend's pets over the years

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic, well done for reaching the end of the challenge sir

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rangers, a fitting end to a great army!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Great to hear that the challenge has helped you progress - I find exactly the same thing every year. I also really like your posts including the monthly playlist. These posts give us nice little windows into other peoples hobby worlds and its a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo StuntCat - I really like the playlist inclusion and I also find that I paint a lot quicker for the same result at the end of a challenge.
    The camo looks great, in fact awesome paint all round - and that bonus pic! ✨👌

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog