Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Sam's All Star Blood Bowl League - The Grudge Bearers

 Okay so February is always a tough one, and this year was no exception. Work kicked my ass, I got Tonsilitis for a week, I’m mid driving test (I’m one of those lazy city boys who’ve never need to drive until recently) and was away for a week internationally also with work. So yeah, whilst I began with good intentions doing some of the base coating in the first week, I found myself with about 3 days to go still not having finished the base coats! Enter Mighty Morphing Power Painting Mode!!!

So the idea with the shorter month of Feb was to paint the dwarves for the logical reason that I have a models or so less of them than other teams and they are smaller models generally. However, the logic didn’t quite play out how I anticipated, as whilst its true they have less surface real estate they are packed with details. So overall I think they were more difficult to paint in a reasonable timeframe than the Chaos team last month. But that aside, they are truly gorgeous models, and as I came towards the end even in my rush I really started to enjoy how they were coming together.

 

Enter The Grudge Bearers:


 









As with the last team I also have Grim Ironjaw (and am on the lookout for the Deathroller) who will be painted during my Star Player month.

Other than that, looking forwards to catching up with the other entries and dropping some comments (been a bit lax this year due to lots of commitments).

Peace Out

Samuel

11 comments:

  1. Perfect dwarves! Neatly turned out and delightfully floofy beards :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have done brilliantly well given the rush at the end. The colours look really vibrant. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spot on classic colours for the classic dwarves. You did a perfect job despite the tight schedule. Keep up your amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great contrast, clean lines and nice details (emerald belt is a nice touch). They look great, especially so if you did them in a rush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They came out great! Go team Bloodbowl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cousin had these! Was always jealous. You've really nailed the colours and green bases - straight out of the 90s but finished flawlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, especially given the very short time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Classic! Well done. Best team to drive your friends crazy with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fabulous! You wouldn't know they were finished in a rush - wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work! But don't forget to add the Deathroller :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these look excellent! Painting eyes inside a helmet is no joke, and those gems 😍.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog