Thursday, June 1, 2023

Lissanne's Wood Elf Bloodbowl team- the Harlequins


 Here is my last standard month team, the Harlequins, a Wood Elf team.
 

Yes, I did use harlequins to supplement the Wood Elf figs I had.  I always intended to.  Before anyone gets concerned, I used only harlequins that were doubles and triples of ones I had. Also, do you know HOW MANY TIMES the harlequins have had their weapons list changed since their inception?  Seriously, the original Harlequin lists changed weapons so often, things are clipped off and glued on all over the place!  I am a champion at changing weapons!  So I always kept many unaltered copies.    

I used the continuity color of my normal Harlequins for these, which is yellow.  That is not odd, since most of us original Harlequin players chose yellow or gold.  For my Lord Arioch, of course.  I pretty sure I never used brown as a harlequin color before this.  It works though.

Unlike normal Harlequins, there are certain pieces of apparel on the team that are uniform.  Like blue gloves, yellow crest, brown /green shoes, etc.  these I painted first.  They all have the same limited color scheme to fit the wood elf theme.  Red, light blue, green, yellow & brown-green.  Sounds like a lot of colors, but it really isn't.  I decided on a different pants pattern for each position for visibility, but this sort of went by the wayside.  But the poses make them easy to pick out on the board.out though.

Don't expect names.  Harlequins give up their names when they join the troupe, so are only known by the role they are playing ATM, or sometimes 'I am called X' name when dealing with outsiders.  So here you get their positions and a number.

The two Wardancers, front and back.  One is a wood elf kicker, not a position in the edition I play.  The other is the most animated of the Harleys



Here are the pair of Throwers





The pair of Catchers


Now for the Nine on the Line  Here is 1 & 2



3 & 4




5, 6 & 7





And 8 & 9




   What would an Wood Elf team be without an ent?  I had this mini earmarked for this team for quite some time.  I wanted an artsy looking tree, rather than the standard treemen, who look better on the Hobbit team.



And a shot of the whole team

  And with this team, I have painted all the BB minis I own ATM.  I need a few pieces here and there for various teams but don't have them.  And I have a few extra pieces I don't need.  But that is the lot.

So wildcard month...

 Wild card month I may do that stadium I was talking about, or at least part of it.
 Or not, and take my first ever mulligan.  May 8 I lost my constant companion, Princess, who would have been 19 in June.  She was like an adopted daughter to us.  She died at home with no pain after a short illness, although she was in good health till then. At her age it was a matter of time, but we are still grieving.

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss of Princess, best wishes!
    Despite everything, You managed to paint a really lovely troupe and the models fit together seamlessly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very sorry for your loss. I have one dog too, and we had 2 before with my mum and they were completely part of our family. But 19 years old ! I am sure Princess had a fantastic life at your side.

    Coming back on your miniatures, I love this team. I especially hate wood elves but you made them fantastic. The painting is pretty though (wasn't it too hard to make these small symbols ? Your conversions are simple but great and effective, and the ent is just perfect. I love how you "twisted" the concept. As you said "real" treemen are more suitable for halflings, this one fits perfectly !

    Really good team indeed !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have love-hate relationship with these minis and all the studs in their clothing. And you added the free hand - requires a lot of patience :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eldar/harlequin and elves always seem to be a more demanding faction due to their styles requiring being able to paint at a certain level in my head. You got the level and they are a gorgeous troupe!
    Condolences to the loss of Princess, losing companions is always hard and they leave little spaces in our days

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sad news, sending huge love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your team looks stunning, a fitting tribute to Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, that's a tough time - my condolences to you and yours.

    Your troupe team look brilliant, the freehand must've driven you mad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The use of the Eldar Harlequins gives this team a real Sci-Fantasy feel akin to the old Heavy Metal animations, and the Xenomorph looking Treeman makes them look extra dangerous!

    Condolences for your loss. I hope painting is bringing you some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about Princess! She must have been well-loved and cared for to get to 19. I'm sure you spoiled her rotten, but they deserve it! :-)
    Great work this month and some nice conversion of the Harlequins to make them blend in as BB Elves!
    That's a vicious looking Treeman, but it fits the team well.
    Can't wait to see the final roll call!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog