Sunday, July 30, 2023

Mariano Sánchez - Make the forest "even more greatest"

My third OWAC is over!!!


"Final pic" was done BEFORE I painted the scenery (very clever, Mariano, very clever...)


Now I can say I´m 3 OWACS old. COOOOOOOL!

I have had so much fun painting this year, probably because no horses were painted on it. Second OWAC was, sometimes, a nightmare but in this one... all pleasure. Only one month was really complicated but the rest of them have worked very well.

As I did last year, lets do a review

On 1st of January I had:


and now I have:


and:



Here you have a short video of my OWAC (with my precious english accent from "la Bahía de Cádiz")



This Owac I haven´t counted painted points  but here you have a visual summary:

January

February


March

April

May

June 1

June 2

Now it is time to check the current status of my Wood elves army (pic and video):




I hope you like it. Next year will be my last Wood elves for sure. Quite happy with the idea!

Congratulations to all OWAC participants, the ones who finished, well done, and the ones who finished in the pile of bones (Buuuuuu).

As I said, always a pleasure and a privilege to be part of the OWAC. Long life the OWAC!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely awesome - what a beautiful army. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do not have an army, you have the entire Athel Loren marching to war!
    Incredible work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really impressive army, truly amazing work! Congrats on finishing again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! And the 3rd time for wood elves! This year I especially love the dragon and rider and the eagle unit. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the best OWAC run, without a doubt. That dragon is just awesome, and I love the terrain, very evocative. That army is becoming something else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful run Mariano !! I have alway loved treemen but you made them fantastic. You sceneries are also outstanding, you perfectly mixed old/new ranges. Congratz !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A work of art. Just stunning. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Mariano! Your perseverance with this whole project and attention to detail is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you are actually planning a fourth year of painting elves! Nice looking army by the way, although it lacks beards, and decent weapons (such as hammers and cannons)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely outstanding work Mariano, inspiring me to keep going with my elven project and turn to my own Wood Elves next year, even though I cannot hope to match your skills! These are exquisite, thank you for bringing them to the OWAC! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jaw dropping, and highly coveted. Amazing work sir.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful. The culmination of three OWACs is quite breathtaking - can't wait to see what you add for a fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lot of gorgeous pieces in this work. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog