Sunday, February 11, 2024

Nathan’s Dark Elf crossbows - rank and file month (222 points)

One month down and only five to go. For month one I did a unit of dark elf crossbows with command. I did eleven figures including the three command figures even though the pics show 13 figures all up. The extra two were test pieces I did last year. Points values for the figures I painted are:

- Level 5 champion with crossbow, light armor and shield, 54 points 

- Standard bearer with light armor, crossbow and shield, 28 points

- Musician with light armor, crossbow and shield, 28 points

- 8 troopers with light armor, crossbow and shield, 112 points

Total = 222 points


Anyway here they are:


Command figures (and that great Dave Andrew’s art as a backdrop)

10 crossbowmen

And my painted up figure as the price of the challenge

In February I’m doing some more rank and file figures plus a couple of cold one riders to break things up a bit. Already made good progress on them which I’ve found is the key to completing the challenge - if you can get to the end of March without using your free month it is easy from there. And my plan is not to use the free month…




6 comments:

  1. Classic Dark Elves in classic Dark Elf Purple, nice start :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent first month. Those miniatures and that box bring back so many memories for me. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely start with a classic unit - I'm looking forward to the cold ones (they're my favourite dark elf Thing). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your choice of models. A solid and very promising start for the project

    ReplyDelete
  5. +1 for use of the classic Fantasy Regiments plastic Dark Elves. Such an old school looking unit, I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see these getting painted up! Nice start to the project!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog