Sunday, March 10, 2024

Owac VII_ Sybou_ chaos army_ month 2_ rank and file_ 319 points

 Hello to all Owacers!

The year of the revolution shall see the rise of my chaos army once again.

This month will be about the smallest guys and the biggest guy ... here is the month of February:


Every chaos army have a bunch of silly and weak guys to go around and help for the cause. The chaos goblins of Wingnuts the nasty play that role in my army.

Wingnuts has the gift of having wings which helped me greatly to gain control over his brethren.


Wingnuts and his command crew

For my chaos goblin, I succeeded to find 9 of the old sculpt, here we can see the champion and my favorite, the twins. I added to them several "goblin berserkers" from alternative army (guy on the left).

The musician is a squig herder and the banner is a night goblin with a gnoblar head swap.

Rank n°1

Two chaos goblins, horn and tail. Two berserkers and a marauder goblin with a huge axe. I chose to paint him as a redcap.

Rank n°2

Two chaos goblins, three eyes and long neck. A berserker and a citadel goblin with a flail. I added the furry familiar as he looks like the smaller cousin of the mutant goblin named Beast.

Rank n°3

Three chaos goblins, plague, hopper and beast. An old gnoll and an other familliar. If you hit him, he might drop a blue potion.

The full unit ready to fight or scavenge

Then we have the big guy. I purchased him to Darksword Miniatures. He 's really cool and has a good weight.

The big Guy
I chose to paint him with a pretty noble paint scheme. A golden armor, a white and grey cloack. He looks nice. 

Here is my month n°2 for this seventh Owac. 
The total of points is 319 points and with january, I have a total of 643 points.

Next month, I'll start my big unit of beastmen. This will be Fun!

Take care everyone, our march is still long ...


Cheers,

                                                                                                                                            Sybou 

10 comments:

  1. That's a great Chaos Goblin unit, lots of the classic sculpts and you'vemade good choices to add to them, too. Bonus points for including a Gnoll, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the first time I have seen a unit of Chaos Goblins and I am not disappointed. The familiar and the Beast look like second cousins. Your Chaos Giant is awesome. I always think of the little Wall Troll from the Stephen King movie Cat's Eye when I see this sculpt. Great work this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the characters of all the Chaos Goblins and clever proxies!

    The big guy looks great in those colours. Reminiscent of the old D&D art. Nice job!

    Extra points for the Golden Axe reference ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh yeah! I love seeing a Baak out and about. He's a hefty lump of lead, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just imagine them ambushing a poor, lonely wagon train high in the wilderness at the start of some adventure. Really cool looking models

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chaos goblins !!! It is one of my wildest fantaisies... I hope to have a regiment of those guys on day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello guys! Thank you all for your feedbacks!
    The gnoll look funny enough. I hesitated to paint him as a froggy.
    I remember the troll from the movie, indeed they have the same kind of nose lol.
    LoL Golden axe is a good source of inspiration. Part of my childhood. :)
    The Baak is indeed pretty heavy. Sometimes i was just letting him on the table :)
    @Ben : Yeah they're the first or second level ennemies in RPG, if you kill 3 fast enough, the rest will run away!
    In order to gather this unit, i needed lots of patience to get the old gobboes for a reasonnable price, if I see their shaman somewhere, i'll try to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've ever actually seen a unit if Chaos goblins. These are great. I really well curated selection of minis that work perfectly together as a chaotic whole. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'If you hit him, he might drop a blue potion' 😂😂😂👌 Brilliant!!
    Like the others, I've never seen a set of chaos goblins - great work in finding so many. Love the troll choice too - excellent stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Chaos Goblin unit looks awesome! They're excellent sculpt, with loads of character, and you did a great job on them! Pity they are so hard to get hold of now.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog